Home Forums Basel support forum Custom product taxonomy page template

Custom product taxonomy page template

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

iani
    Participant

Hello there,

First of all, good job!

I’ve created a custom taxonomy for the product post type and I want to use the same SHOP page template that the product category uses.

What should I do?
    For the moment the standard post category template is used although I added tried with “taxonomy-tax_name.php” and “archive-tax_name” files.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for choosing our theme and contacting us.

This question is more related to the WooCommerce and here is an article that should help you with this https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/using-custom-attributes-in-menus/

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

iani
    Participant

Thanks for the reply but I was not talking about custom attributes.

Please read again my question.
    I created a custom taxonomy (“product_art”) and I would like to set the Basel SHOP template for the category page.

So when a user click on one of product_art items it should open a SHOP page looking just as a standard product_cat page.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but there is no quick instruction for custom taxonomies pages in our theme. Moreover, it is related to WooCommerce. Since our theme simply adds styles to default Shop page that comes with WooCommerce plugin, not with our theme. Sorry, but it is out of our theme support scope.

Also, the article we sent you from the documentation contains information about custom attributes in WooCommerce, it should help you.

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)