Home Forums WoodMart support forum Customers can't post review unless they provide raiting

Customers can't post review unless they provide raiting

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Kuler89
    Participant

Hello,

I have a problem with reviews on my website (using the WoodMart theme).

When writing a review, the submit button simply doesn’t function unless a star rating has been provided. I have disabled that setting in Woocommerce settings. And the field isn’t required.

The console shows the following error: An invalid form control with name=’rating’ is not focusable.

Thank you

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site as well as the Theme settings export and check the issue on the Storefront theme to detect if our theme causes the problem. Storefront is a free theme developed by Woocommerce.

Best Regards

Kuler89
    Participant

Hello,

I just did. It works fine with both TwentyTwenty and Storefront. I also tried disabling all plugins except for Woocommerce. And the result is the same.

Kuler89
    Participant

This is the HTML of the select input.

<select name="rating" id="rating" required style="display: none;">

Although, when I copy it, it reads as this:
    <select name="rating" id="rating" required="" style="display: none;">

Again, this setting is disabled in Woocommerce product settings. And the field shouldn’t be required.

Hello,

I have tested on my site wit the Storefront theme and see this: https://gyazo.com/7ba1644acd82260dfd2494da6ec056e1

As you can see it is the way Woocommerce work, our theme does not influence that.

Please clarify what you mean by the second your message.

Best Regards

Kuler89
    Participant

I think you misunderstood me.
    Woocmmerce has an option (Settings – Products) called “Star ratings should be required, not optional”. Which, when checked, doesn’t allow you to post a review without the rating. That is what you are seeing in your test. But, I have disabled that option. And as you can see on my website rating is not a required field.

To better illustrate it, I have set up two disposable WordPress installs, one using the Storefront theme, and the other using the WoodMart theme. They both have the required rating setting turned OFF.

Storefront theme: https://s-qv2nqh7ta9xcl.eu1.wpsandbox.org/product/test-1/#reviews
    WoodMart theme: https://s-qwy4yag658xcl.eu1.wpsandbox.org/product/test-2/#reviews

Reviews can be posted without a problem on the Storefront theme, but can’t be posted without the rating on the Woodmart theme. There are no other plugins installed on those sites. Just Woocommerce.

Both installs are active for 24 hours only by default.

I have attached an image of the setting I was telling you about.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Kuler89
    Participant

And in my second message, I pointed out that I think that the theme is leaving the field as required for some reason even though that setting has been turned off.

Hello,

I have double-checked with the settings you point out and see the problem. I will submit this issue to our dev team.

Best Regards

Kuler89
    Participant

Thank you

Hello,

I will get back to you as soon as I have the solution.

Best Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to add the following PHP code snippet to the child theme functions.php file to fix this

add_theme_support(
    	'html5',
    	array(
    		'comment-form',
    	)
    );

Kuler89
    Participant

That did the trick! Thank you very much 🙂

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, you are welcome! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Customers can't post review unless they provide raiting’ is closed to new replies.