Home Forums Basel support forum Customize Related Products on Product Page

Customize Related Products on Product Page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

asanches
    Participant

Hello,

Is there some way to choose which product (on related products slider) is going to appear at single product page?
    My client wants to choose (by order) which product will appear.

Thanks in advance

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Here is an instruction from WooCommerce documentation about related and upsells products https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/related-products-up-sells-and-cross-sells/

We suggest you to use Upsells products since you will be able to choose which products to show on the product page.

Regards

asanches
    Participant

OK, thanks!!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome 🙂

Loles Marston
    Participant

Hi, it seems that related products by category, does not work well for us. Because sunglasses and specs are mixep up in related products…We can not recommed child shades for adult users…
    Could you take an eye on one of my pruduct page in order to make an optimal configuration example for us? For instance APOLO PINK. Maybe I´m doing something wrong

thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

But, unfortunately, there are no any configuration options for related products function in the WooCommerce. You can find more information in the documentation https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/related-products-up-sells-and-cross-sells/

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

lhughes
    Participant

What works well for me is to turn related products off in theme settings and use Woocommerce Upsells to add the relevant products you want to promote on each product page as related products.

Its laborious if you have a large site but worth the work if you have important products you want to cross sell / up sell. I get a lot of additional orders by individually selecting what products I want to promote as related products for each product page.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, Upsells product are more time consuming but in the same time more flexible to use. So you can choose between Related and Upsells.

Loles Marston
    Participant

I´m not sure to understand: is no way to decide the related products, by category for instance?
    We have a huge range of products, and “up sell” & “cross sell” its a “hand made” option,.. What about grid swacht category? It must will be an automatic option.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

According to WooCommerce documentation, Related products can’t be managed from admin panel

Related products is a section on some templates that pulls other products from your store that share the same tags or categories as the current product. These products can not be specified in the admin, but can be influenced by grouping similar products in the same category or by using the same tags.

Regards

Loles Marston
    Participant

Ok thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)