Home Forums WoodMart support forum Customize Woodmart filters

Customize Woodmart filters

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Alex
    Participant

Before I write anything, I am aware that customization of the theme is not supported by the support here, however, having tried everything and coming to a dead end, I wonder if I could get any guidance from your end.

I have tried WPgridbuilder, WPfacets and numerous Woocommerce filtering plugins but none of them can achieve the wanted functionality, other than WPfacets, however when it is used, it is not fully compatible with Woodmart functionality, making this option not viable as well.

What functionality is needed?
    In short, I am trying to group attribute terms:
    Color attributes of: Dark Red, Red/Green, Red/Blue need to be grouped under just Red so a user can easily select the color and view all sub colors products.

Hierarchical relationship could solve this issue, by default Woo does not support it but by tinkering with the files I enabled it and setup a hierarchy. This might not be the best idea since it is not supported, moreover, I could not make Woodmart display those hierarchies out of the box.

Therefore, customizing Woodmart code to achieve the wanted result seems like the last resort.

If you could help, by any means, I would highly appreciate it.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

I suggest you use the default Product filter widget because it works well with the theme.

If you’d like to contact us, we are here for whatever questions you may have.

Kind Regards

Alex
    Participant

Hello Luke,

That seems to be the best option, what about the hierarchy part, I can enable it for product attributes via Woocommerce but wonder if that would cause an issues in terms of compatibility with Woodmart and it’s filters.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

By default, WooCommerce does not support the hierarchy, enabling the hierarchy via custom code is beyond our support limitations, sorry.

I’d be happy to assist if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind Regards

Alex
    Participant

Understandable, have a nice day.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

I do hope you would remain as our valued customer and thank you for your time.

Thanks for your time and have a great day.

Kind Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Customize Woodmart filters’ is closed to new replies.