Home Forums WoodMart support forum DB too big

DB too big

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bv
    Participant

Hello there,

I currently trying to do the migration of the website to your theme.
    I have created a staging WP instance, and do the import of the data of my original website.
    After that I have imported your demo – I had some troubles with it – this is the post related to it:
    https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/inserting-demo-data-into-an-already-populated-site/

Now, by db is nearly 1GB, where original db has around 34MB?!

Is this something related to the problem with importing demo data several times or something else?

The largest tables are wp_postmeta and wp_posts…

How can I reduce database size to its original size or near original size?
    Will this affect the speed of my website once it is online?

Regards,

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Our dummy content doesn’t add so much data to the database. Could you please share your phpMyAdmin access with us so we can check this?

Kind Regards

bv
    Participant

Hello – here is the phpmyadmin access you requested

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We see that these tables are populated with a lot of orders that are not related to our dummy content https://gyazo.com/4cfad56ff9a7bd0a530bc265ef62f3ba

bv
    Participant

Hello,
    Yes, but the same amount of orders I have on the live website. As I said I copied the content form the present live website. And the Db is not nearly as large as on this staging site.

Here is the screenshot.

Regards,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

When we checked your database, we saw that it is mostly populated with order data. There is no data from our dummy content. You can open a few random pages from your wp_posts table to see this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)