Home Forums Basel support forum Deferred JS and Revolution Slider

Deferred JS and Revolution Slider

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jakub
    Participant

Hi,

As I have found in some other topics on this forum, I have enabled wp deferred javascript to score higher on GTMetrix. However, my revolution slider is not visible because of that. I can see that on basel demo site revolution slider is visible even though you mention you use the same plugin. Could you please help me?

Best,
    Jakub

jakub
    Participant

Follow up – my website data

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

You need to add jQuery library to the exception list in that plugin. It shouldn’t be loaded deffered.

Regards

jakub
    Participant

Hi,

I have managed to fix Revolution slider and it’s working. However after enabling the plugin Wp Deferred Javascript and adding contact form 7 javascript to defer exceptions it breaks the theme. Filters do not work in shop and the page isn’t full screen. Could you please help me?

I have disabled the plugin now to test something else on site.

Best,
    Jakub

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We just checked your website and see the following error in the console https://gyazo.com/1dee1a2282b9e2d7fb0ab0b628075e84
    It seems to be caused by some of additional JS code added by you or by some of the installed plugins.

Regards

jakub
    Participant

Hi,

This is due to the Enhanced Google Analytics WooCommerce plugin. I use two plugins MonsterInsights for normal analytics code and Ehaanced Woocommerce for Enhanced ecommerce analytics code. The Enhanced Google Analytics WooCommerce plugin has a checkbox to also include normal analytics code – which is optional and I left it unchecked. Because of this it throws that error that analytics code is not provided but it has nothing to do with layout issues on the site when defer is active.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

In this case, the plugin you are using is not compatible with defered function. Maybe you can add their scripts to the exception list?

Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)