Home Forums WoodMart support forum Display and speed issues with old (faulty) templates

Display and speed issues with old (faulty) templates

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

mcbrikett.de
    Participant

At the end of last year we finally finished our new online shop with the problem that we had massive display problems in the live version. We thought it had something to do with the theme and tried Woodmart. But here, too, we also had display problems.
    Then we learnt that it was probably to do with the junk data from old plugins and themes in the database that was causing the errors.
    So we did the following:
    Copied all pages as templates, deleted the server and started from scratch. Or rather, we had the saved pages as templates.
    Now the “new” site with Woodmarkt is ready, but we still have problems everywhere.

So far everything is displayed correctly more or less. But with currently 200 HTTP requests we have some slight speed issues and the corresponding optimisation settings in WP Rocket or in the performance settings of Woodmart itself leads to display problems on the page. Either individual elements, such as the mega menu or slider, etc. no longer work properly, or the entire page was loaded twice as a mini page under the main page. Very strange. As a rule, currently the only way to restore the site is to install the backup.
    In addition we also have problems now by just adjusting things like overlay colors. It causes the layout of the page to shift or the picture under the layover disappears.

Something is definitely not as it should be.

Now my guess is that it’s because we used page templates from the old (faulty) website as the basis for the new page.
    Is there a good chance that the problem could be fixed if we create each page from scratch and start with a new blank document?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please record a video that demonstrates the problem you have on your website so we can better understand it?

Thank you in advance.

mcbrikett.de
    Participant

Ok, will do and post it soon.

mcbrikett.de
    Participant

Weirdly enough it did not mess with the display. I could not trigger any issues I had last week and yesterday.

However, one thing did not work as supposed to:
    It has not adopted the changes I made for the overlay color of a header picture of a category.

We didn’t have any issues with the website until about two weeks ago when I started to improve speed performance. Then one mysterious issue after the other appeared. Just as mysterious as I was not able to trigger any of these issues now. Could that be related to the new WooCommerce and Elementor update from today? I guess it could.
    I am so confused but less frustrated than this this morning as things seem to work now (more or less). I just wish to know why…

It is not out first WordPress website. We have been working with wordpress for about 5 years now. We never had any remotely similar issues with our other websites.

What is the best platform to upload the video?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We need to see and understand the issue to be able to help you and answer your questions. You can use Google Drive to upload your videos.

Kind Regards

mcbrikett.de
    Participant

Hi Artem,

it remains a mystery to us.
    Yesterday I turn on Delay JavaScript execution with the following exceptions (as mentioned in the forum a few times)

jquery.min
    helpers.min.js
    clickOnScrollButton
    searchFullScreen
    menuOffsets
    menuDropdowns
    cartWidget
    mobileNavigation
    loginSidebar
    menuSetUp
    cart-fragments
    slick
    productImages
    cookie.min
    owl.carousel
    owlCarousel
    imagesLoaded

Surprising we didn’t have any display errors on the website. Everything worked: megamenu, sliders, off-canvas cart, even an accordion worked again that didn’t work before this change.
    We had few orders in the shop last night. All good, until this morning. Suddenly the header section was gone, over night.

I was able to restore the header by disabling Delay JavaScript execution in WP rocket again.
    Then I turned it back on as a test and the header did not disappear again.

Find the links to the videos in the private content.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You need to disable the “Mobile DOM optimization (experimental)” option in Theme Settings -> Performance -> Other.

Kind Regards

mcbrikett.de
    Participant

Hi Artem,

what will disabling it do? What issues will it stop?

Kind regards,
    Kasper

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It should fix the problem with the empty header. Let me know if it works.

Kind Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)