Home Forums Basel support forum Display [Login/Register / hello,'username'] in Top Bar area & Simplified Header

Display [Login/Register / hello,'username'] in Top Bar area & Simplified Header

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

ochow7
    Participant

Hello,

I was using the ‘simplified’ header layout for my site, but I couldn’t figure out why [Login/Register / hello,’username’] wasn’t displaying in the menu section. I changed the header layout to ‘double menu’ and now it displays. I have two questions.

1. How can I show the [Login/Register / hello,’username’] in the simplified header layout?

2. Also, is it possible to display it in the top bar area?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Oscar

Hello,

1. It is not possible to show My account in the Symplified, choose E-commerce layout.

2. Navigate to the Theme Settings > Header > Top bar http://prntscr.com/n259r9

Best Regards

ochow7
    Participant

Hello,

For the top bar, you didn’t include any code so that login functionality would work.

We know how to add regular text in the top bar, but we need to make the login/username functionality to work.

Lastly, we would prefer if it was on the right hand of the screen where the other top bar menu items are.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

By default, this header layout doesn’t have Login/Register link. But you can add it manually placing the following code snippet to the functions.php file in the child theme.

add_filter( 'basel_header_configuration', 'basel_custom_header_configuration', 1, 1 );

function basel_custom_header_configuration() {

return array(
    			'container' => array(
    				'wrapp-header' => array(
    					'logo',
    					'main_nav',
    					'right-column' => array(
    						'header_links',
    						'search',
    						'wishlist',
    						'cart',
    						'mobile_icon',
    					)
    				)	
    			),
    		);
    }

ochow7
    Participant

Hello,

I received an error with the code. Can you recheck it please?

Also, will this code show in the TOP BAR? I would prefer for it to show there if possible and not the menu bar.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us a screenshot where you placed the code and what error do you get. It is not possible to put it to the topbar.

ochow7
    Participant

I was able to get it to work. I was missing the final ‘}’ when I copied it originally.

Two Final questions.

(1) If you look at the site, you will notice that the menu is off-center. I already went into the “customize” area and played around with the menu placement, and even if I select the ‘center’ or ‘right’ option, it really does nothing. Any advice to get it perfectly center would be appreciated.

(2) Lastly, is there a way to scale the menu size down, when someone is viewing it on a smaller laptop? The menu sometimes overlaps/gets crushed together if you are looking on it on a smaller laptop screen. I appreciate your help.

Hello,

It is not possible to do with CSS with the current layout. If you want to make the menu central, you need to switch to the switch to the Simplified layout or delete our code.

You can change the current size of navigation in the Theme Settings > Typography > Navigation font http://prntscr.com/n30y04

Best Regards

ochow7
    Participant

Thank you for your help. Please close the ticket.

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Display [Login/Register / hello,'username'] in Top Bar area & Simplified Header’ is closed to new replies.