Home Forums Basel support forum Dummy content import on staging apparently not working

Dummy content import on staging apparently not working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Vansaren
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve a copy of my website installed on the same server that I use for testing purpose. I was trying to import dummy content, other themes and pages but without success. The loader says all data imported successfully but there are no pages, content, nothing, it’s all the same.
    Dunno ’cause I remember that in the past before come to the actual solution I was able to import all the times without problems.

ty

Vansaren
    Participant

I’ve seen now that it change some settings actually, but it’s not creating the pages, I start to think they were create with the main installation and by import the dummy content the script simply load what was previously create during the first installation. I will try to install all from scratch

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

It may not be working correctly if you already have some content on your website. It’s always better to import the dummy content only on a fresh WordPress installation.

Regards

Vansaren
    Participant

ok but the import, should not re import the images and create the missing pages? ’cause it’s not happening, plus, I can set up my page and then on a later stage decide to import the maintance page and this will not work ’cause I didn’t import it at the beginning, it does not make sense.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The problem is that WordPress import mechanism compare imported page or post with all existed posts by ID. For example, if our maintenance mode has an id of 165 and you just create some post or product with the same ID, WordPress will not import this maintenance page if you try to import it via default import tool or via our Dummy Content.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)