Home Forums Basel support forum Duplicate and Change Product Template

Duplicate and Change Product Template

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

DELAYON
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I have the Basel theme in default settings and have it basically tailored to my shop already. The default product page works great for us with one exception: I´d like to change the Tab names (Description, Additional Info, Shipping & Reviews) to Lens Color, Frame Features, Shipping & Reviews. As we are running a eyewear brand, it makes sense to have the tabs separate these topics.
    Since i wann use this new template only for certain products, id like to duplicate the current template and edit the names real fast.
    Any idea where i can do so?

thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad to know that you considered using Basel for your web-site. I hope you will be happy with it.

Here is an article from WooCommerce documentation that should help you edit/rename your products tabs https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/editing-product-data-tabs/

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

DELAYON
    Participant

Hey!

Thanks for fast response! I guess this should work.
    Now before i do change the tab-names, how can i duplicate the product template?
    I only wanna change the tap names for our sunglass products, not for clothing…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, there is no such option in our theme and WooCommerce plugin. All products have the same template.

DELAYON
    Participant

Ok…is there an option to ADD a product page design myself or at least use different product page designs for different categories/ products?
    Thank you!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can choose only between our theme product page designs types for particular products. Find this option while editing your products in the Dashboard.

DELAYON
    Participant

Ok too bad…

Where do i need to add the snippets for renaming tabs in the functions .php?
    Its not listed in the documentation….

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Just place it the end of the file. We suggest you to use child theme functions.php file.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)