Home Forums WoodMart support forum Duplicate H1 on Single Portfolio when "Project title in page heading" set to Off

Duplicate H1 on Single Portfolio when "Project title in page heading" set to Off

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

benrich
    Participant

I believe this is a bug in the theme.

Assuming the following setting:

Theme Settings > Portfolio > Single Project Options > Project title in page heading = Off

This means the page name for the portfolio page, lets say “Portfolio”, is set on every single portfolio page as the <h1>; resulting in duplicate H1s across the site. This is obviously bad for SEO.

I can see other forum posts but none with satisfactory answers.

The related code is in inc/template-tags.php line 1199. If the option above is off then I believe this <h1> should be a <span>. That allows the page editor to put an H1 into the content. It’s not perfect but it’s better than having lots of duplicate H1s all over the site (IMO).

I realise it’s possible to copy the woodmart_page_title() function to my theme but it’s enormous and not great for when updates come out.

The xtemos team.. what do you think?
    Thanks

Hello,

Pleae, provide the page URL and screen showing the duplicated H1. Please provide your site admin access to the private area.

Best Regards

benrich
    Participant

This site has the demo woodmart theme imported: https://sandbox.benrich.uk/portfolio/

On this page the title is an h1 – this is correct as it’s the portfolio page.

However the problem is with any of the 9 portfolio item pages. Each one duplicates the <h1>Portfolio</h1> markup.

(I can give you a login if absolutely necessary but given this is the demo I hope it’s not necessary)

Thanks

Hello,

We shall add the tag selection in the nearest update. You will be able to set the one you would prefer.

Best Regards

benrich
    Participant

Super! Thanks very much 😀

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)