Home Forums WoodMart support forum DUPLICATE IMAGES

DUPLICATE IMAGES

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Anne
    Participant

Hello,

I have a problem with my medias. At any time, a lot of duplicate images appear without doing anything. I have noticed that it includes also old images from product pages that are deleted since a long time. Their name finish with …n-1.jpg.

I haven’t add this problem with the previous theme before woodmart.
    I have tried to fix it with erasing all sizes in settings>medias, and also the thumbnails size in the woodmart settings but it still duplicates.

Please have you received same issues from others? And do you have an idea of what I can do please?

Thank you very much

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins except these ones:

Slider Revolution
    WPBakery Page Builder or Elementor
    Woodmart Core
    Contact Form 7
    MailChimp for WordPress
    WooCommerce
    Safe SVG

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

In case, the problem remains, even after all the plugins are deactivated, provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area) and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent or default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

Anne
    Participant

Hello,
    Thank you, actually this is hard to say if a plugin is the cause because when duplicated images appear it is random in the time so I don’t know when, it can be days later, and with all the plugins that I have on my site, it would take weeks to know if one is causing the issue by re activating them one by one. Plus, I will not be able to use my website without these plugins for weeks.

Do you have another solution please? If I give you access to my admin dashboard, is it possible to see if something goes wrong with the medias?
    Thank you very much,

Hello,

Please, provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area) and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent or default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

Anne
    Participant

Thank you, please find the site admin access below, plus a screenshot of the last images that have been duplicated / appearing by themselves yesterday.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please disable this plugin and check how it works:
    WP-Optimize – Clean, Compress, Cache

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Anne
    Participant

Hello,
    I have completely removed the wp-optimize plugin and have waited a few days to see and the duplicated images are back again.

Can you help please?

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site and check the issue on the Storefront theme to detect if our theme causes the problem. Storefront is a free theme developed by WooСommerce.

Best Regards

Anne
    Participant

Hello,
    Ok, it’s done, now I have to wait a few days to see what happen,
    I come back to you soon.

Hello,

Sure, let us know if the problem occurs on WoodMart only.

Best Regards

Anne
    Participant

Hello,
    I come back to you after a few days, there are no new duplicate images with the Storefront theme, so I think it comes from Woodmart theme, and I think it may be related to the product page images (not blog).
    Can you help please?
    Thank you

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

Please update your site admin access I will submit the case to our developers for deeper investigation.

Best Regards

Anne
    Participant

Hello,
    Thank you, please find the admin access below + more infos.

Hello,

You need to delete all the duplicated images and deactivate all the plugins.

Then switch to any free WordPress theme and leave for two days. Then let us know and we will activate WoodMart.

If you cannot do that on your live site, clone your site to the staging platform, follow the steps mentioned above and provide the site admin access so that we could test.

Best Regards

Anne
    Participant

Hello,
    Ok, I need to let the plugin “temporary login” on, so you can have access to the site, is it ok?

Hello,

This plugin can hardly ever influence the images, at the same time, you can create admin access and deactivate it.

Best Regards

Anne
    Participant

Hello, the site is ready to be checked by you, please find the admin access below thank you

Hello,

We are checking the site and images are not duplicated. Please check and confirm.

Best Regards

Anne
    Participant

Hello,
    It needs several days to appear, sometimes 3 three days, sometimes 6 days or a little more, it is too early now to check I think..

Hello,

Please leave the site as it is without plugins and contact us when images appear.

Best Regards

Anne
    Participant

Hello,
    Here they are back, again, the 24 first images are duplicate ones.
    Please find the admin access below.
    Can you help please?
    Thank you very much

Hello,

Now I see, Instagram images are duplicated.

Instagram API works as described in this documentation: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/instagram-api/guides/content-publishing/

We do not have any functionality to upload the images in the other way. Instagram outfeeds 25 recent images which are uploaded to the Media library for cropping and showing on the site. Every 2 hours the images are checked if this image still exists on Instagram. If you delete them, they are uploaded again.

When Instagram is contacted by API, the images are uploaded into the Media library to show them the size in the smaller (optimized) size. You can either delete theme images or delete posts from these images, and the images would be deleted from the site.

Please check the documentation.

Best Regards

Anne
    Participant

Hello,
    Thank you for your answer and explanations. I ‘m happy the problem has been found.

I only use the instagram function inside the “about” page, so what should I do to avoid the images to be duplicated please?

When I go to elementor inside the instagram block, I see in “photo size” (under “username”) that “medium” is written, so I remove it and will check if it stops to duplicate images, what do you think?

When I select “Scrape” or “Ajax” in “source type” no images appear, it doesn’t work. I can only use the API.
    If it really continues to duplicate images I will have to stop using the block but it is a functionnality including in your theme that should be working.

Thank you again

Hello,

You have set Scrape Ñ‚Ğ° Ajax in the Instagram element, this option is out-to-dated and it may fail.

When you add the Instagram widget to the page it uploads the images once per every two hours.

The images are duplicated as you have added them to the site and then added these images to Instagram and Instagram then uploaded them to the Media library. You can not find them as Media finds the images by the title and these image titles are different.

For example:

Image from Instagram: https://prnt.sc/RcZCfRo7O4y8
    Image uploaded by the user: https://prnt.sc/sqh9RxSVaxMo

In order to avoid duplicated images, you need to set “Image” in the Instagram widget: https://prnt.sc/0irDyxtMrJNu

Then add the images you want to show manually.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Anne
    Participant

Thank you for the explanations,
    Adding the images manually will add more work. I was hoping not having to think about that and letting the widget doing its “work” with the API without this issue.
    So I have to remove it and not using it on the site.
    Thank you for your help,

You are welcome! We are here to help.

Wish you a wonderful day!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘DUPLICATE IMAGES’ is closed to new replies.