Home Forums WoodMart support forum Empty Cart Issue

Empty Cart Issue

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Hi there,

I have bought one more Woodmart theme and i am almost finished setting up the system.

Only one thing. The payment plugin. Since i installed it, i’m having strange issues with suddenly having an empty cart.

I am using the Stripe Payment Plugin from PaymentPlugins.com. But i am not sure if it has something to do with them because they don’t have other complaints from other users they say.

But when i installed it, i sometimes get the empty cart issue. I add a high quantity to the mini-cart, then i click view cart and then suddenly the cart is empty. And it happens sometimes, but when triggered the issue can come back more frequently. In my opinion it happens or get triggered by high round numbers like, 1000, 10000, 25000.
    With low numbers it seems to work almost always. Its frustrating because i myself sometimes try to reproduce the error and it sometimes really takes 10 or more tries.

Then i thought this must be the Payment Plugin and i tried a different Stripe plugin from Webtoffee and then i didn’t experience the empty cart issue anymore.

So in my first conclusion it has something to do with the Stripe plugin from PaymentPlugins.com and the Woodmart theme. But maybe there is a small conflict that interferes with the Ajax functionality from Woodmart with the Plugin from PaymentPlugins.com. I also contacted them regarding this issue because i really need it to be fixed.

I really want to use the Stripe plugin from PaymentPlugins.com because its a better plugin.

Then i found an article on the internet and i think this could be related.

https://www.webnots.com/fix-slow-page-loading-with-woocommerce-wc-ajaxget_refreshed_fragments/

When i read this article i remembered the first issue i had with the Woodmart theme about the 419 error console message. At some point during this topic i experienced a different console messages regarding:

updateCartFragmentsFix.js?ver=7.1.3:38 Uncaught Fragment expired

And then i told you guys about this issue and at some point you guys updated the theme and it was gone.

So can you maybe help me out and please tell me how it can happen that in combination with this Payment plugin the cart gets emptied sometimes. Does it have something to do with this: updateCartFragmentsFix.js and when it takes to long to load that the data gets lost.

OOO.. this empty cart issue happens only on my iphone and ipad… I never experienced it on my imac pro. What is also pretty strange.

Kind regards,

Tim

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

I am sending you guys a movie that i have sent to PaymentPlugins.com to show them what plugins were on and that with their plugin activated, i sometimes experience empty cart issues on iphone and ipad. And with their plugin deactivated i don’t experience this. But i need their plugin for connecting with Stripe. They also think it maybe has something to do with updateCartFragments and Ajax.

Its very important for me that we can fix this.

If customers experience an empty shopping cart they will leave.

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

I tested it over here!

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

I also tested it without the Tiered Pricing plugin and still i got the empty cart issue.

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Other people also posted about this issue:

https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/regarding-empty-cart-after-buy-button-or-add-to-cart/

I have the same issue.

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

And i see this error log in the Woocommerce Logs

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Can you delete the image after you are done i forgot to say that

Hello,

The site you provided does not have the Stripe payment active. As the result, we cannot catch the problem.

Please make the full backup of your site and check the issue on the Storefront theme to detect if our theme causes the problem. Storefront is a free theme developed by WooСommerce.

Best Regards

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Here you go!

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

I have tested 3 other payment plugins and they work and don’t have the empty cart issue.
    But the Payment plugin i want has every time the empty cart issue. Especially on iphone.
    I especially took the second best hosting.
    CPU 12 cores
    RAM 8 GB
    But this i also not fixing the problem.
    Now i have read on the internet that some hosting companies have special settings for the Eliminate Cart Fragments with Live Cart or something. Is this the issue?
    It is a very strange issue.

Hello,

Please update the site admin access I cannot log in. Please confirm the permission to deactivate the plugins for testing.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

I just logged in with your credentials

Hello,

Unfortunately, still cannot log in. I see this message: Error: The password you entered for the username xtemos is incorrect. Lost your password?

Best Regards

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Apologies

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Hi there,

Were you able to reproduce the empty cart issue on your mobile phone or tablet.
    I have tested the staging environment and it still reproduces the error on my end when i try to do it on my iphone 11 pro or tablet ipad pro and very very occassionally on the desktop.

I tried other payment plugins and with none of them i experience the empty cart issue. But off course the plugin that i want to use has this strange issue.

So maybe something is conflicting with this payment plugin and the theme.

Kind regards,

Tim

Hello,

Our developers have checked and we do not see empty cart https://monosnap.com/file/bN5xrGtkCQoY2r4rjHPhDyJ9II7Vg4 https://monosnap.com/file/YqvGEToSZiK9WTy51YdAn4mit2ZKe7

If you use the cache on the site or server, make sure your cart page has been excluded.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

HI there,

I know it works sometimes.
    But for sure the error will pop up after several tries. Try it. At least 10 times. And play with quantities.
    It can not be that i have this issue and you don’t. That cannot be. It’s impossible.
    Because when i try now i 100% for sure… i will have the empty cart issue on the same staging site.
    I can reproduce it if i want i a few minutes.

Kind regards,

Tim

A few times it works, but you need to do it several times in a row.

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

My Cart, Checkout and My account pages are all excluded from cache plugin and also the translated versions of the pages.

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Check this movie:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=178l7BOBv3HiVY4AyjVJMOJKjWYGhdtPl&authuser=tim.meulendijk%40gmail.com&usp=drive_fs

You can see difference between normal site with other plugin then on staging site.
    Starting from 1 minute 15 seconds in the video you can see how i try to view cart on the staging site and after 2 tries i get the empty cart.

Kind regards, Tim

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

I have send this to the developer of the Payment Plugin.

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Hi there,
    I have tested many times now and contacted also developers of payment plugin. They will look into it also. We think it has something to do with their plugin conflicting with the mini-cart. I tested everything. Even without Woodmart Core, Only the theme activated. and still i got the empty cart issue. With a different theme i don’t have this. But they don’t have the mini-cart on the side like your theme has.
    It has to do something with this.
    Kind regards,
    Tim

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We tested your website with different devices and added the product more than 10 times to the cart. It is always displayed correctly.

Also, in the last reply you mentioned that it works well with other themes because they don’t have the cart widget. But what is wrong with the widget itself? We are testing the cart page so you should be able to test this page with other themes as well. Also, check the WooCommerce storefront theme since it also has a shopping cart widget in the header.

Kind Regards

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Hi

Could you maybe explain to me what could be doing this then. I have almost no plugins installed. And still I have the empty cart issue. Apparently I only have it and I have in every browser. Strange isn’t it. If walk to my computer now I can reproduce this error. So please help me. Can’t you test something with their plugin. Your theme should be woocommerce compatible. This also means it should work together with payment plugins. This is a stupid issue to have and no one wants or can help me. I paid for this theme and want to know how this can be. That one plug-in from a payment developer partner from stripe is not working with your template. What can be interesting when everything else works. With all the plug-ins I work … no issues now
    How is it possible that you cannot reproduce this error. How. I am trying to understand but i cannot. The videos are very clear and I show you everything. You can see I am having this issue. So you know it’s there so why respond every time with I cannot reproduce. Are you also testing this staging site that I have set up? Not the live site right? This one has a different payment plugin that works.

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Did you test it with Woodmart core on and off?

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

I am sorry if I sound short. It’s frustrating. 😉

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Can you imagine how many times I have added and viewed products in the cart … ooo I wanted to let you know. At this moment I cannot reproduce it also.
    With and without Woodmart core. And yesterday it was so clear, the bug really seemed to happen because of something with payment plugin and Woodmart theme. I don’t know what is going on. Will keep on testing.

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Am sorry the plugin wasn’t even on … so thats why I couldn’t reproduce the error.
    I activated the plugin and directly, right away i get the error.

So my question.

Did you test it with an without Woodmart Core plugin?
    Did you test it with and without Stripe Payment Plugin from Paypmentplugins.com?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We didn’t activate/deactivate any plugins before the test. But now we see the problem on your website.
    Please, switch to the default theme (Storefront) temporarily so I can do the tests also.
    And provide us with your actual admin access.

Kind Regards

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

HI there,

I have installed multiple themes including storefront. You can play around if you want. I think its better, you can test it yourself.

I have a very extensive movie regarding this issue. But it will show you everything.

At this moment, i have activated the store front theme for you and 2 plugins:

Payment Plugins for Stripe WooCommerce
    WooCommerce

Kind regards,

Tim

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please test how it works when you disable “AJAX add to cart” option in Theme Settings -> Single product -> Add to cart?

Kind Regards

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)