Home Forums WoodMart support forum ERROR 500 when update a menu

ERROR 500 when update a menu

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

DiegoEngel
    Participant

Hi guys…

I’m trying to set a menu with my tree of categories, but when I set the 37º itens and try to update I get an error 500. When I do it with 36 intes… the update works perfectly.

I have talked with my server support and they told me that everthing is normal on server side. Could help me with it please?

DiegoEngel
    Participant

Just to give you more information.

I tried the same situation in a localhost envairoment and I got this:

variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini. in Unknown on line 0

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress themes like TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

DiegoEngel
    Participant

Hi..
    Checked using twenty twenty wordpress theme and the update runs perfectly… no errors

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, keep the default theme and provide us a step by step instruction so we can reproduce this.

Thank you

DiegoEngel
    Participant

Pass by pass:

– Open aparência >> menus (is a brazilian website)
    – Just add any post category (Paraná for example)
    – Save…
    after some seconds you will get a error 500

If you do the same process with Twenty Twenty theme… everything works perfectly.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, it is a problem with PHP max input vars limit. It simply can’t process a large amount of data when you save the menu. Try to contact your hosting provider and ask to increase this parameter. You can check its value in WooCommerce -> System status.

DiegoEngel
    Participant

But why woodmart use more vars then other themes in the exactly same process? Is it wouldn’t a performance issue of your theme?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

If you will check the menu you will see a lot of custom fields for our menu. That is why it requires more data to be stored at once. It is not something related to the website performance.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)