Home Forums WoodMart support forum Error 504 with some demo versions

Error 504 with some demo versions

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

gueshu
    Participant

Hello, I just bought your theme and installed a new version of WordPress with no plugin and then installed your theme and all the necessary plug ins.

When I try to activate the “fashion” demo version, the site doesn’t load and after a few minutes I get a 504 error (the wp-admin is still accessible).

I tried different things that you often advise to identify the problems and I changed the theme to the default WordPress theme and it loaded normally, then I activated Woodmart again and desactivated some plugins like the wishlist or the compare plug in and the site wouldn’t load.

I was surprised though to see the site load when I changed the demo version to “minimalist”, “basic” or “categories”, and it is very fast then… but others that I like more like the base version, the fashion version or the marketplace can’t load.
    And even with the minimalist or categories version, if I want to open the product page, it doesn’t load most of the time…
    It loads this product : https://www.lentrepotdelafete.com/product/classic-wooden-chair/
    But not this one :
    https://www.lentrepotdelafete.com/product/eames-plastic-side-chair/

There must be one thing that can’t be loaded in all these versions and pages…
    Using the inspector in Google chrome, they say I have mixed content and some SVG files coming from unsecure places… I suspect it might be the cause…

I am using OVH as the host, with php7.2 and all the requirement in your doc are OK.
    I have a SSL and a CDN activated.

Do you see a reason for this happening ?
    Why would some versions be OK and others not…

Here are my login info in private :

gueshu
    Participant

Additional private login info

gueshu
    Participant

It might be a problem with the newsletter form as it seems to be the common thing between the pages that don’t load (I can compare the pages because they work locally with xampp)

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

Could you please check is this page loading with default WordPress theme https://www.lentrepotdelafete.com/product/eames-plastic-side-chair/ ?

If so, could you please request your hosting provider for some error logs when that 504 error appears?

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

gueshu
    Participant

Yes it is loading with the default theme

I have access to the logs without asking my provider, I exported todays log in a text file, you’ll see it attached.

Thanks for your quick help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You sent the access log, it doesn’t show any PHP errors that appear when you see the 504 Internal Server error.

gueshu
    Participant

And an error log attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to edit the product with error and re-upload SVG icons for the information box element. Or the problem may be caused that file_get_contents function for URLs is disabled on your server.

gueshu
    Participant

It works when I delete the SVG icons in the info boxes…

Does it help you find the source of the problem ?

gueshu
    Participant

When I try to put another svg from the media library, the page doesnt load again, if i remove the svg, the product page load, it is the case for 3 products that couldnt load before and now can because of this modification.

As for the home for the fashion version, one of the elements probably is making problems…

When pages work, they are really fast to load and I really really like this theme, so I hope we’ll find a solution, even if I have to edit many elements, I will have to anyway to customize everything for my client so I don’t mind.

gueshu
    Participant

the error is definitely happening when I use a svg in an info box, and as the sub menu “Fashion” uses info boxes with SVG (the clock also), the homes using the categories menu were not loading…
    I removed the SVG and … the home for the Fashion version is loading… I replaced the svg by a jpg and it is loading, so there is specificaly a problem with SVGs with my hosting provider.

As long as I know the origin of the problem, I can move on, I have never used SVG before for my websites (there are some security concerns I heard), so I can live without (even if I was quite ready to embrace this nice and light format…).

The problem seems to be limited to info boxes, otherwise SVG appear normally.

Thank you very much for your help, you deserve the great reviews you are getting (I am quite certain you’ll get one more 5 stars from me, must be boring to see all these 5 stars 😉 ).

I will move on, but would be interested to know why it happens and if there is a way to correct it…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, it may happen with our elements that use SVG graphics. To load the file source (for better performance and customization opportunities) our theme uses file_get_contents for the URL of that file. On some servers, this function is turned off in PHP configurations and may cause such problems. So you can investigate your server configuration for this option or continue using our theme without SVG.

gueshu
    Participant

I checked on the phpinfo and the parameter allow_url_fopen is On, which should mean file_get_contents should work…

Just in case I can’t make it work and have to work around it, do you use file_get_contents anywhere else or just for the info boxes ?

Thanks for your help, other than this, the theme is working great and I am just starting to discover how rich it is.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Strange, it should work correctly. Anyway, we are not using this for other URLs than SVG icons.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)