Home Forums WoodMart support forum Error during theme installation. Can I switch from Elementor to Bakery editor?

Error during theme installation. Can I switch from Elementor to Bakery editor?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

achiartistul
    Participant

I got an error during the Woodmart theme installation with WP Bakery selected as the editor. After deactivating a few plugins the installation process continued. Somehow during this time the theme switched to Elementor editor. After the Woodmart theme installation, can I switch from Elementor to Bakery editor?

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but if you want to move from Elementor to WPBakery page builder then you need to re-import the demo again with WPBakery page builder plugin because the content created with Elementor doesn’t work with WPBakery page builder and vice versa.

So, if you want to import with the WPBakery page builder then you need to first deactivate the Elementor plugin on your Site and activate the WPBakery plugin on your Site > then go to Dashboard > WoodMart > Prebuilt websites > there remove the current Demo imported by clicking on Remove content there > and then again try to import the required Demo.

Best Regards.

achiartistul
    Participant

I have not edited anything yet with Elementor. Do I still need to reimport the demo? If yes, there is any chance to keep the theme setting, header, menu, and translation I have done so far?

Hello,

Although, you haven’t edited anything but you have imported the Demo with the Elementor page builder. So, the things will get edited with Elementor, which you certainly don’t want.

So, you eventually need to re-import the Demo with WPBakery like we mentioned in our last response.

Secondly, regarding remaining the Presets and settings to be the same, under the Dashboard > WoodMart > Prebuilt websites > Remove content button when you click it > you will be asked to select which things you want to remove and which things you don’t want to remove: https://snipboard.io/jgFVHY.jpg

So, you can check and uncheck the options accordingly in this regard.

Hope this helps !

Best Regards.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)