Home Forums WoodMart support forum Fatal Error and product page not load when product has a lot images in gallery

Fatal Error and product page not load when product has a lot images in gallery

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Mike
    Participant

Helllo team,

I have found a critical issue after the update to the latest version of woodmart.
    I created a video to explain it and show you how you can also reproduce the issue, please check private content

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Mike.

Hello,

So, we have checked the mentioned concern on our Test Site in this regard.

We have added a total of 43 Images under the Product Gallery of the following Product: https://blackpearlspro.com/woodmart_support/product/acer-sa100-sataiii/

And remain the AJAX variation threshold to 30 first > and then viewed the Product it was appearing fine. Also, a Custom Product Layout was also enabled for the Single Product page.

Then we changed the AJAX variation threshold to 500 the most and then previewed the same Product > it was still appearing fine with the Add to Cart element also added already in both situations.

So, there isn’t an issue at the Theme end in this regard as we have confirmed.

On your Site as we have seen in the Video, the WooCommerce plugin wasn’t updated to the latest version. So, please first update it to the latest version and then check back the concern again.

If the issue still persists on your Site, then once also try to activate the Parent Theme on your Site if you are using Child Theme on your Site and then check back the concern again because the Error Logs that you showed in your Video were to wp-includes which are usually Errors at the WordPress end and the other ones are related to WoodMart Child theme. So, there might be a Customization conflict at the Child Theme which is causing so try activating the Parent Theme to confirm more and then mention us accordingly.

Best Regards

Mike
    Participant

you need to create variations first, as you saw on the video the issue persists on a variable product with 36 variations, each variation have many images as additionl not only on main image gallery. The woo version is on a dev enviroment on my live website is it set to the latest and still the has the issue. its not related to the woocommerce itself. the problem it on the theme and im sure for this becose on older theme versions the same product was operate just fine.

If you need to reproduce the issue you must create 25 combined variations the same as i have on my product.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please send us your admin access and link to the product where we can see this issue on your website?

Thank you in advance.

Mike
    Participant

Could you please send us your admin access

@admin
    Here you go, please be carefull is a live website

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please disable all external plugins temporarily and send us your FTP access so we can check it further?

Thank you in advance

Mike
    Participant

i send you the access to the stage site because i can’t disable plugins on the live website. Please check private content for new credentials. i have disabled all the plugins and left only the necessary, but if you need you can make any change on stage site and enable/disable what you need

Mike
    Participant

sorry i forgot the ftp credentials on my previous answer, please check this private content

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to add the following PHP code snippet to the child theme functions.php file to fix this

remove_filter( 'the_content', 'convert_smilies', 20 );

Mike
    Participant

ok understood! will be this fixed on near updates?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We can’t reproduce it in our theme for now. So we recommend you keep this code even after the theme update.

Mike
    Participant

did you try to reproduce with a product with at last 20-25 variations? because on a clean demo install it’s just happened as on my store

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, we see this on our side too. We will check it further and fix it in our next theme update.

Kind Regards

Mike
    Participant

Hi again, thank you for the reply. But i wanted to say that this error is getting worse cause i saw that this is happen on many products that have a lot of variations, so please fix it as soon as possible. I have disable more that 40+ products that expose this error when a costumer try to open the product page

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Have you tried to add the code we sent you? Does fix the problem or do you still have it even when the code is added?

Kind Regards

Mike
    Participant

yep as i remember is it happen even with the remove_filter action that you send. Then on that product that first saw the error i removed some of images and it was ok, but today i got an alarm from a mechanism that i have create to inform me when visitors are getting error on any page and then i realize that this is happen to many products. As i saw those products have additional images on each variation simple variation image and also a galery of images for some of variations. For now i have disable the Additional variations images on theme settings and products are functioning just fine, so maybe this need a deep investigation to findout what can cause this error

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

The code we sent you should fix the problem and your variations will start working without any problems. Please, let us know if you still face this problem so we can check this further on your website.

Kind Regards

Mike
    Participant

Hi, any news about this?
    or we will keep the hook temporary code for eternity?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

This fix will be included in our 7.2 update so you will be free to remove the code.

Kind Regards

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)