Home Forums WoodMart support forum Filte missing on 2nfd language using WPML

Filte missing on 2nfd language using WPML

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

nicolaj
    Participant

I am unable to have the left filter with colors and sizes does not show in 2nd language.
    It show in English as illustrated however when I change the language switcher is blank area.

In widget is set to show in all languages.
    please see attached images.

best regards,
    Nicolaj

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

You need to create a translation for all products, categories, attributes. Have you done that?

Best Regards

nicolaj
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I believe this is done correctly.
    At least swatch and categories has all been translated.
    For the WPML it is also an options to show products in a 2nd language without having an translation. That is the option I have cheeked. I did try translate one product but that did not help.

best regards,

Hello,

Please provide your site admin access to the private area.

Best Regards

nicolaj
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Here is the requested info.
    I also reached out to WPML support, however they did also not yet find a solution.
    What I was able to achieve spending time with WPML support:

1 – OPTION 1 – NOT TRANSLATING PRODUCTS ABLE TO SEE SIDEBAR AND SWATCHES

WPML was able to get sidebar and swatches visible using the option to show Products that has not been translated.

However it had the one problem that the filter and swatches was also not translated despite the translation had already been done.
    This way colors would be in English everywhere (Shopping cart, Order confirmation page and order email) and so on even if everything else was in Thai.

2 – OPTION 2 – TRANSLATING PRODUCTS

When translating the products as you currently can see on the website the filter navigation is not visible on shop page.
    You can see the settings in top of attached file.

Looking around I found something in WPML that mention post type. i not sure is related the filter. please see the last part of attached file again.

NOTE: I would prefer the option 1 solution.
    I believe not translating products will make a smaller product database and faster side. I expect to have 200 products with 27 variation and 3 languages.

Best regards,
    Nicolaj

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

1. please refer to the WPML documentation and translate all the products. Products are not translated excepting one: https://prnt.sc/uupnl3

2. Navigate to Appearance > Widtes > add two of the same widgets: https://prnt.sc/uupp6h and set the language in each pair.

Best Regards

nicolaj
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I believe that translating 1 product should show the side bar it does not?

Instead of select the “show in all languages” I made 2 widget as you suggested and set them for each there language. Surprisingly the 2 widgets (Thai-English) is now both showing up in English language.
    SO English has double sidebar filters and Thai no filter.
    Has this been tested, as I suspect this key feature does not work? Would be nice if you had a sample/reference page with the sidebar working in 2 language using the WPML multi language plugin.

Hello,

One product is not enough for filters to be shown.

I have set the languages for each widget. Please check now.

Best Regards

nicolaj
    Participant

Hi ELise,

I do see the backend settings, However I cant see them make any different to frontend?
    Can we agree that these filters are missing in the frontend of the Thai version together with my translated product?

Hello,

Translate all the products. Products should have these attributes. If there are no products filters would not appear as they have nothing to sort out.

Best Regards

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)