Home Forums Basel support forum Filter by Color

Filter by Color

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

royalty
    Participant

I have products with two primary colors. At the moment, I’m having difficulty setting up the filter by color feature because it defaults to only one primary color. Is there a way to specify to primary colors of an individual product?

For example: the purple and black chair is predominantly purple and black. Within the filter by color it should be placed into categories both purple and black.

Is there a way to categorize a product as having two colors? Currently, I don’t see how to specify to primary colors within a single product.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Filter by color displays products that has some particular attribute term attached. It means that you can easily add to some particular product both black and purple terms and it will be displayed for both values in the filter.

Regards

royalty
    Participant

Can you provide step by step instructions for creating the product attributes with 2 colors? I am not sure how this is done.

What I found online and Youtube was product color variations, which is a different topic altogether.

My goal is to describe the primary colors of a single product, yet I don’t know how to do this. How can it be done?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can find this information in WooCommerce documentation https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/managing-product-taxonomies/#section-6

royalty
    Participant

Video Screenshot: http://somup.com/cbfXolVcXE

The product attributes aren’t responding correctly.

When I click on gold, I see silver chairs in the mix.
    When I click on pink, I see gold products offered as a choice.

Where is the error in product attributes?

royalty
    Participant

In the video screenshot below,
    you’ll see I’ve added color swatches,
    but the filter isn’t sorting correctly by color.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It seems that filters don’t work for you. Could you please try to use default WooCommerce Layered Nav widget to see if it is our theme issue or caused by WooCommerce?

royalty
    Participant

I used the default woocommerce layered nav widget,
    and it is still not filtering.

Video screenshot below

royalty
    Participant

Please login and check this issue from the WP dashboard.
    Login provided in private content

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

If it doesn’t work with WooCommerce default widget as well then it is not a theme related issue. Try to disable all plugins one by one to see which causes this problem.

Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)