Home Forums WoodMart support forum Font causing enormous delay on my site

Font causing enormous delay on my site

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Dear,

I’m suddenly facing a big issue as there is 1 font (I think from the theme, because I’m not uploading fonts from other plugins..) that is now causing delay on my site. Can you check this GTMetrix waterfall please?

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.gevcen.be/g5xZCu22

THanks

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Basically, the problem is that the widget “Woodmart Tabs” is causing my site to be facing a 4-7 seconds delay on top of the regular website speed. I made many tests and, without the widget, the website speed goes back to normal loading speed.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please, create two similar pages with this element and without it and send me these links. I will compare the performance and check what is wrong.

Kind Regards

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Hi Artem,

As my site is live, I’ve returned the page to the previous version to not cause issues on my business. To compare, you can find the GTMetrix of my earlier version hereby https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.gevcen.be/B61VFn7w, where you’ll see an average loading time of 5 seconds at most.

I’ve done as you said. I’ve created a new page with the content of the new version. The page is available here https://www.gevcen.be/acceuil-new/ and the GTMetrix text is here https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.gevcen.be/1jUbXQVR. We can see that the page turns out to have more loading time despite contains only WP Bakery or Theme elements.

We can see there that the line https://www.gevcen.be/wp-content/uploads/sgf-css/S6u9w4BMUTPHh50XSwiPGQ3q5d0.woff2 is causing 4 seconds delay. This line disappear one I disable the “Tabs” widget from the theme, and therefore goes back to normal site loading speed.

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Links in private. Check the attachment how the difference is enormous altough I’ve only added Theme and WP Bakery elements.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You have added a huge amount of products on that page. Try to leave only 10-15 products and check again.

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Hi,

I know I’ve added a lot of products but it doesnt explain how having more products impacts the loading time of a woff FONT.

I made categories of products and I want to keep them. Please fix this inappropriate overload in the font.

Thanks

newsprince
    Participant

@gevcen

The woff font says from Gtmetrix that is blocking.

I see you have cache enabled. Maybe you misconfigured something in wp rocket plugin and has impact on font file and delay it’s loading until other things load first. Try to disable the rocket plugin and check again the gtmetrix to see if that happens.

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Hi,

I dont think that the issue would come from WP Rocket. If you make a GTMetrix Waterfall analysis from different pages of my site, you’ll see that this woff font issue occurs only when there is a Woodmart Tabs widget.

In WP Rocket, the only feature related to fonts is “Combine Google fonts” which I dont use. Therefore, WP Rocket should not be the root cause of this as it doesnt cause this problem elsewhere on my site.

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Check this attachement and you’ll that my site is fully optimized with only 2-3 seconds loading time. So I have real doubt that WP Rocket would be anywhere causing this problem.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

newsprince
    Participant

Is this happening to products with not so many woodmart tabs? Can you check? maybe the products in tabs overload?

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

I will perform the test in a few hours (as I am outside, not on my desk at the moment).

Actually, I could perfectly understand that having too much products can slow down the page loading time. However, I’d be more understanding if the delay was caused by for instance Ajax or JS elements. This is not the case here.

Here we’re talking about a FONT (!) that generates delay when you have too many products in the tabs widget. I just dont understand the link…

If this font causes so much problem, then please tell me how to get rid of this font from the tabs widget and the problem will be solved…

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Hi Artem, do you have any update on this please?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The font is not related to the problem and it is caused by the number of products on the page. If you will have a normal number per page, you will not have some problems.

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

I dont agree with your answer. If you provide us a widget that is made for having multiple tabs, then you should consider the idea that it is made for showing a higher number of products than a simple products widget. Please investigate and fix this widget to allow high number of products.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You have a lot of products in one tab, I don’t mean the whole number of products in every tab. try to create 3-5 tabs with 10-15 products per tab. And use our AJAX Products tabs.

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Ok then, I reduced the number and it’s fine now.

Please close this ticket, thanks

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Font causing enormous delay on my site’ is closed to new replies.