Home Forums Basel support forum Font problem

Font problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

webatentrigue
    Participant

I installed new fonts both via a 3rd party plugin and in the custom fonts section of the Theme. Everything worked fine until we did the latest update. Now we see the proper fonts when we look at the site on a laptop, but not on our Apple desktops. Sadly, it’s throughout the site – the sans serif font is supposed to be in all the headings in Woocommerce as well as in headings on all pages, in the menu – everywhere. I look in the text version of the code on the pages and see the fonts specified, which of course they must be if they are properly displaying on my laptop…

Is there something about the different aspect ratio of the large desktop that causes this to happen, and how do we fix it? I’ve racked my brain, and cannot figure out what the problem is.

In a separate but (maybe related?) problem, the logo that we uploaded pixilates on the desktop display. Wondering if that might give us a hint at what’s going on here.

I’ve attached screenshots of all these, hoping you can help…We were all ready to go live until this cropped up!

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

webatentrigue
    Participant

oops – just saw one of the screenshots was too big. Here’s the way the fonts are supposed to look (and how they DO look on a laptop…)

Btw – in the emulator, everything looks fine. I just can’t understand what I’ve done wrong…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you please specify how did you add your custom fonts and applied them for titles?

Regards

webatentrigue
    Participant

Thank you for asking the question that way, which made me look back at the code. I THINK the problem was that there was no @font-face in the css!! I had added to the Theme settings in custom fonts, but it still needed the css edited. I have no idea why the plugin didn’t do that, but there it is. Thanks for your speedy response, which pointed me to the fix!!!!!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that you sorted it out.

Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Font problem’ is closed to new replies.