Home Forums WoodMart support forum From Basel To Woodmart

From Basel To Woodmart

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wanila
    Participant

Hello!

I am one of your old customers, and also a xtemos fan 🙂 i bought basel theme long time ago.. and now i want to move from basel theme to woodmart in my website
    but i have some questions …

1. to install woodmart theme correctly, i should only upload the woodmart theme and only install the plugin “woodmart core” , right? ( cause plugins like cmb2 and redux framework are installed already from basel theme … )

2. can i delete the old plugin ” xtemos post types plugin”? is xtemos post types plugin add something to my website database?
    i mean if i delete this plugin, is it remove completely from my site and database by default, or i must delete something by myself? ( as i want my website database to be real clean .. )

3. talking about database …
    when i change my theme from basel to woodmart, is it possible some data from basel theme left in my database? ( i mean basel theme settings or i dont know other things that saved in database in the past .. )

4. is woodmart 1.9 a stable version? is there any important bug report for this version?

5. is there any big update soon? for example woodmart 2.0 … ?!

thanks a lot.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad to know that you considered using WoodMart for your web-site. I hope you will be happy with it.

1. Yes, you will need to install the theme and the core plugin.

2 & 3. Sure, you will need to deactivate it. In general, our Basel and WoodMart theme are absolutely different. And the problem is that all content created with Basel will not correctly on WoodMart. And that is why, the best way to create a website with WoodMart is to clean the database completely and reinstall your WordPress. Then, install WoodMart with all the dummy content and if needed, transfer some data from your previous website manually. I.e. create some pages or import products, upload images and so on.

4. Yes, it is a stable version.

5. We plan to release a new 2.0 version with a visual header builder in next few months.

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)