Home Forums Basel support forum Header Ajax Search bar

Header Ajax Search bar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

pistol
    Participant

Hello there,
    I was hoping you could help me get a searchbar to stay in the headbar like the “Header with categories menu” but with no category dropdown to the left of the menu?
    thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

So do you want to remove categories menu from your header? In this case, you should simply disable it in Theme Settings -> Header -> Other.

Regards

pistol
    Participant

Perfect!
    I have another request if possible.
    Are we able to use this header and add the login/my account links in the header next to the shopping cart?
    And I am looking for the code to edit the header searchbar placeholder text. Instead of “Search For Porducts” I would like to change it. Could you tell me where the instance of this is in the theme files?
    Thank you Again!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Try to add this code to the functions.php in your child theme to show a Login/Register link

add_filter( 'basel_header_configuration', 'basel_custom_header_configuration', 1, 1 );

function basel_custom_header_configuration() {

return array(
    			'container' => array(
    				'wrapp-header' => array(
    					'logo',
    					'main_nav',
    					'right-column' => array(
    						'header_links',
    						'wishlist',
    						'cart',
    						'mobile_icon',
    					)
    				)	
    			),
    			'secondary-header' => array(
    				'container' => array(
    					'categories_menu',
    					'search_extended',
    				)
    			)
    		);
    }

Placeholder text you are able to edit via POT file theme translation. Here is a video that demonstrates how to translate strings with Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAFq1yTfWfU

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)