Home Forums WoodMart support forum Header Loading – Get_Header 7 seconds

Header Loading – Get_Header 7 seconds

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

winsa
    Participant

Dear Xtemos,

Thanks for an amazing theme. We’re used to last couple of months, developing our site, using your theme, but we’re stumbling into some issues, with the loading speed, particular on the product category pages.

The ”issue” i’m about to explain, should in theori not be isolated to the product category pages, but in generel, but i’m going to show some transaction traces, using the New Relic APM tool we have installed on our server enviroment.

Just to clarify our base setup / configuration:

– Hosting WPengine
    – Premium 1,5 dedicated Server enviroment (+800 USD a month)
    – We’re expericing loading times on average at 7+ seconds.
    – We believe this is due to some heavy loading in the header.

So the attached picture view, gives you the overview of the latest 6 hours of 22/02-19, where we’ve picked the most dissastifying APDEX score and isloated it into the loading of a product categories. From here on, we’ve select to trace a specefic trace, that was loading one of the main categories, called ”havemoebler”. (Please see the link in private content)

From this specific trace (see picture 2) – You’ll see, that the instance took 10,500 ms. Looking further into the transaction using trace details, we see, that the get_header instance, takes about 7 seconds everytime and we therefor wondering, if we perhaps have made to big of a header on the site?

I’ve included login details of new relic in the private content area and a direct link to the trace as well after you’re logged in.

Looking at the image called picture 3, you’ll quickly get an idea of the GET_Header loading speed.

We’re looking to optimize the speed of the website and know, that changing all of the product pictures on the website to same ratio will help, but we can’t be wondering, if we in any way can minimize the loading speed of the header in anyway or have we just complicated the header to much?

The instance of all of this, is based of the theme being on version 3.4.0. By the end of the night, we’ll update the theme to your latest version, which is 3.5.1. We just wanted to know, if you could provide us with any guidance on this subject.

Thanks in advance!

winsa
    Participant

Uploaded images again, since they were to big (over 512 kb)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Try to do the following things:

1. Go to Appearance -> Customize -> WooCommerce -> Product images and decrease your images size for catalog. Then save this to regenerate all thumbnails.

2. Try to disable attributes grid attribute in Theme Settings -> Shop -> Attributes swatches.

3. Temporarily deactivate all the external plugins.

Kind Regards

winsa
    Participant

Hello Artem,

We’ve setup a copy of the production site at: havemekkadev.wpengine.com & dissabled all not necessary plugins.

1. I’ve changed the width to 323 px under Appearance -> Customize -> WooCommerce based on the google chrome console width that i was browsing. See attached image 4.

2. This was already dissabled. Please see attached image 5, which shows it being dissabled on live site.

3. Done.

Question 4: Does the site regenerate all thumbnails automaticly or do you want me to use a plugin to do this?

winsa
    Participant

Images uploaded from previous answer:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

How can we access this website? We don’t see it now.

winsa
    Participant

Please see private content in #109277

New site is: http://www.havemekkadev.wpengine.com

Username and password is in answer #109277

winsa
    Participant

Sorry, i meant #109251

I’ve updated all in in this private content reply

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The browser can’t open this page.

winsa
    Participant

Yeah, sorry, it’s non-www. so: http://havemekkadev.wpengine.com/

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Current loading time is around 2seconds https://gyazo.com/775e27a6dd68056c074b335a52ae5c27
    Could you please check it?

winsa
    Participant

You’ve gotta give me more than that, hah. (I’ve checked multiple pages and cross checked it with live site. Defintly faster loading on most of them. Question: You believe it’s the thumbnails then? But what about the reference to the header?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You have some products in the header and that is why you saw the problem in the header.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)