Home Forums Basel support forum heavy resource server usage from basel theme with woocommerce.

heavy resource server usage from basel theme with woocommerce.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

support-5912
    Participant

Good morning
    I’m noticing heavy resource usage from your BASEL theme with woocommerce.
    Mostly cpu, but also server memory.
    With other themes I usually run sites with 1 cpu and 256mb, a maximum of 512mb for woocommerce ones, and they work well.
    In this I put 2 CPU and 1GB of RAM and slowdowns often occur, due to 100% use of the CPU and peaks in use of 4GB of RAM.
    This only happens if you use BASEL and WOOCOMMERCE together.
    I attach a picture of the average use of server resources
    I have a demo copy in which you can do your own tests, where I have disabled all the plugins
    I know it’s difficult to replicate the use of the original domain, but there are slowdowns even on the demo site, just scrolling through the home page.
    If you can check, thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please provide us a step by step instructions on how to reproduce the problem in real-time? Also, we need to be able to see your CPU graph in real-time and test with Basel and the default theme.

Kind Regards

support-5912
    Participant

it is difficult to replicate the use of resources in the staging site, without any traffic
    the only thing I can see, using the query monitor plugin, are the deprecated php errors, attributable to the theme, and the duplicate queries (63), these only by viewing the home page.
    However, by leaving the overview mode, as shown in the photos, the use of the staging site’s RAM (max 512mb) is monitored in real time.
    Unfortunately, CPU usage is not monitored, it is only accessible through the server’s CPANEL, with which I can control the PHP version (8.3 at the moment), how many CPUs to assign and how much RAM.
    I hope to be proved helpful

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

In this case, you can’t say that it is definitely a theme issue. When you test with a default theme on your production website, it becomes almost empty. If you fill it with all the same elements, it may cause the same CPU load.
    Deprecated warnings don’t affect the loading. And as for SQL queries, they are very simple and can’t load your CPU a lot.

Kind Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)