Home Forums Basel support forum Help bugs on products after updating woo commerce + theme!

Help bugs on products after updating woo commerce + theme!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

coris8
    Participant

Hi,
    I just updated woocommerce + Basel (+wpml + wordpress) and there are some problems on the product pages… I need your help!
    The sold out label doesn’t show anymore (it does show on the shop loop but not on single product). Please look on this page https://www.kissthedesign.ch/en/product-category/archive-eng-en/ you can click on any of the sold out items and you’ll see that the sold out label appear 1 second and then disappear behind the image.
    What can I do? Many thanks for your urgent help.

Also on many products: the thumbnails with the other images shows after a blank space and not just under the main image as it was before: look on this one: https://www.kissthedesign.ch/en/product/andre-sornay-closet/
    this is not very user friendly since it push all the content further below. Can you help?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

PS: I work with a child theme, but it’s not child theme related since I’v switched to the updated parent theme and still the same bugs

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Try to add the following code snippet to the Custom CSS area in Theme Settings to fix the issue with “Sold out” label.

.product-images .out-of-stock-label {
        z-index: 10;
    }

As for product images, it happens because images have different height. We suggest you have all images with the same proportions to make it looks correctly. You can try to enable “Hard crop” option as well.

Regards

coris8
    Participant

Hi, thank you so much for the sold out label, it works now! Great support as usual 😉

Unfortunately I have too much products and it would take weeks to crop every images to the same size, and it will be complicated as some objects cannot be pictured in the same size. It was very practical the way it was before the update, do you think this is an option you’ll add in the next update? As it’s quite ugly this way and not very user friendly.
    In the meanwhile is there any other way?
    The hard crop you mean, is in the woo commerce image product settings, right? Just made a test and it doesn’t work, even after I regenerated thumbnails + empty cache. Can you help?

Thanks in advance

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We didn’t mean to crop all images manually of course. You need to set fixed images size in WooCommerce -> Settings -> Products -> Display and check “Hard crop” there.
    WooCommerce introduced a carousel for main images on the product page and thought that we have to make our theme compatible with it as well. That is why we changed the layout.

Regards

coris8
    Participant

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. The hard crop through the woocommerce settings didn’t work for me, no changes even after I’v regenerated thumbnail and delete cache. Can you tell what is the standard size in the theme for the main image in medium size (with other images below)?

For now I did come back to the previous woocommerce and theme version since I dont like the new look of the product pages. Are you intending to implement soon an option to get the images showing like in the previous version (see screenshot)? It would be an important option since it’s often that product pictures have different aspect ration.

Many thanks in advance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

coris8
    Participant

HI again,

well I had to update again all the plugin and theme because the old plugins are not compatible anymore with the new wordpress version.. :-/

So please can you help with the hard crop? since it doesn’t work for me, I enable the hard crop and regenerate thumbnail but see no change…

and also there is a problem on google chrome the product images don’t show at all there (see screenshot)

Thank you so much in advance for your help

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

coris8
    Participant

Hi,

The hard crop now works! It looks unfortunately very ugly… so it would be really cool if in the next update it would be possible to choose the option to have the product image gallery adapt to different aspect ratio like it did before the update. Do you think this is something your theme will offer soon? (please please!!)

The product images still don’t show in google chrome 🙁

Many thanks in advance for your help

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We will try to prepare some solution in our next theme update for sure 🙂

Kind Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)