Home Forums WoodMart support forum Help to optimize product images while maintaining the marketplace template look

Help to optimize product images while maintaining the marketplace template look

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

juanpaf
    Participant

Regards, we are using the marketplace template because it is the one that best suits our business, we have imitated the image measurements of the images included in the demo because we like how the images are displayed, however we have seen that every time we upload product images are created several copies with their respective thumbnails, which dramatically increases the volume of total images as well as the weight of the site. Likewise I do not know if it is necessary to have so many copies of miniatures?

What do you recommend to preserve as much as possible that same look, but significantly lower the weight of the total images of products on the site?

How could we resize in batch all the images that have already been uploaded and assigned to the products? Is there a way to batch delete all those thumbnails that may be unnecessary?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

These thumbnails images are generated by WordPress based on all registered images sizes by WordPress core and all installed plugins. Our theme has no control over this. You may try to find some plugins that may help you to optimize your uploads folder.

Kind Regards

juanpaf
    Participant

Ok but…what are the optimal measures for product images to obtain the best possible performance with this marketplace theme? And how should I configure my wordpress so that it does not generate so many unnecessary copies?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It depends on your shop page grid. Set images size to 400px for example in Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize -> WooCommerce. And 500-600px for the single product page.
    There is no option in WordPress to disable images thumbnails generation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)