Home Forums Basel support forum Help with creating Man-Watch and Woman-Watch categories

Help with creating Man-Watch and Woman-Watch categories

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

hsianglin21
    Participant

Hi,

I have 2 issues which need your assistance:

1.) e.g when i create a category for man and a category for watch for a particular watch, and i set the menu to contain man with a dropdown watch category page, and when i click on the dropdown watch, the watch page is showing also woman watches in it. I only want man watch on this page, may you advise how to go about?

2) when i click on man category page, all the man products are listed and there is no different sections of subheadings for all the different categories under man, i want something in the attached screenshot with a filter of sub categories on the left and subheadings and sublists for each subcategory. May you advise how i can do such a thing?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Try to create two different watches categories, one will be subcategory for man and another one is for woman. So will be something like

Man
    —Watches
    —Shoes…. etc
    Woman
    —Watches
    —Bags….etc

2. You can try to use Products categories widget and add it to your shop page sidebar in Appearance -> Widgets.

Regards

hsianglin21
    Participant

Sorry I cannot find the shop page sidebar in widget page, could you advise?

Also I need some guidance like what files to edit codes or easier way to achieve the follow items:

1) filter on the left instead of top right and look like the one in screenshot

2) for all subcategories to have separate listing and a separator divider line like for e.g in the screenshot “popovers” products is listed above, follow by a divider line and “cardigan” products are listed.

3) how to add best selling products listing at the bottom of shop page?

4) how to add a category listing at the bottom of shop page like in the attached screenshot?

Thank you. Much Appreciated.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Add it in Appearance -> Widgets -> Shop page Widget area.

1. Sorry, but could you please show it on the screenshot from our theme for better understanding?

2. There is no such option in our theme.

3. You can add it with WPBakery to your page using our “Products” element. Or you can create an HTML Block with that element and then put it to the “HTML before footer” area in Theme Settings -> Footer if you want to show it on all pages.

4. You can do this in the way we described in 3rd point.

Kind Regards

hsianglin21
    Participant

Hi,

1) yes as attached file.

2) could you give me a slightest idea on how may i achieve this? Because this is something i want and very important to me, thank you.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. You can disable shop filters area in Theme Settings -> Shop and then simply put your filters widget to the sidebar in Appearance -> Widgets. You can enable left sidebar in Theme Settings -> Shop -> Shop page layout.

2. Unfortunately, we don’t have an instruction for such extra code customization.

Kind Regards

hsianglin21
    Participant

Hi i am able to move filter to side bar following your instructions now but i need have a drop down filter in screenshots and i want the sort by to be beside it.

May you advise?

hsianglin21
    Participant

Sorry attachment attached

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but there is no such specific filters in our theme.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)