Home Forums Basel support forum Help with my site loading speed

Help with my site loading speed

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

freedomfighter
    Participant

Hello,

my site seems to be acting very erratic and extremely slow. I have ruled out the hosting as I have other fast loading sites on the same shared server.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

We have tested your website but it seems to be broken now https://gyazo.com/358c3336ffa2a5f61a153c1831147e2d
    And there is some error with SSL certificate. You need to fix these problems first.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

freedomfighter
    Participant

Please ignore the SSL error, as it is being temporarily hosted.

The ‘broken part’ of the site is the issue I am having. I have no idea why that is so as I have installed the template and just populated the pages. outside of wordfence and a caching program(that is not currently active) I dont know why this is so.

It still loads for me, just very slowly

freedomfighter
    Participant

Anything?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we can see, your website is not optimized yet. There are some heavy plugins installed, not optimized images, there is no cache mechanisms and CDN. Your home page size is 8MB+ which is extremely large. You need to fix and optimize these basic things first to speed up your website.

freedomfighter
    Participant

Hello again,

I have optimised as best as I can, but based on the GTMETRIX report, it all points to CSS and JS as the major culprits as to what is causing the site to fail the test.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have tested your website and found a few problems that you should fix first to speed up your website.

1. There are some errors loading resources on your website. Probably, they are caused by your hosting server or installed plugins. https://gyazo.com/a1dff26fff6e1689d870a7ed28773d68

2. Turn off all third-party plugins first and optimize your website. Then, add necessary plugins one by one and check the speed accordingly.

3. Use some CDN service like KeyCDN.

4. If you really want to get a high score, you need to remove Slider Revolution and replace it with some simple slider or image.

5. We also recommend you to use WP Rocket and try to use their JS loading optimization and Critical CSS.

Kind Regards

freedomfighter
    Participant

Thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Most of these resources return 503 error that generated by your server. You need to consult with your hosting provider on this matter.

freedomfighter
    Participant

Ok

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

As we mentioned, our theme can’t influence static resource loading at all. It depends on your hosting server and not on WP Rocket as well. You need to contact your hosting provider and ask why it generates 503 errors when trying to get CSS files.

freedomfighter
    Participant

hello

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, now we don’t see these errors, and your website loads much faster.

freedomfighter
    Participant

what can I do to stop the menu from breaking into 2 lines on a slightly smaller screen?

freedomfighter
    Participant

What can I do to stop the menu from breaking into two lines on a slightly smaller screen?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have moved your reply to a separate topic. Please, continue the conversation there. https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/help-with-my-site-loading-speed/

Kind Regards

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)