Home Forums WoodMart support forum Home page Slides Images Lazy loading. How to Stop lazy load. Google Warning

Home page Slides Images Lazy loading. How to Stop lazy load. Google Warning

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

harshwe
    Participant

Hello Luke,

1. From where the Slides (or images of the slides) are getting Lazy load automatically that we created using Woodmart Slider on Home page. Where can I find the setting for this. Google is showing this warning while testing.
    https://i.paste.pics/8a90646412de1bc848d67d3c24adc130.png

2. How to disable Lazy load for just the Slides that we are using on homepage through the WoodMart Slider. Or prevent them to be lazy load

We looked into the Theme Settings > Performance > Lazy Load, and they are already set to OFF
    I even test the Slider settings and found that the Init Carousel is disabled for these Slides.

I could not find why they are Lazy loading automatically. We are not using any Cache Plugin.
    I could not find the setting in Elementor to Stop lazy load the images as well, if there is any.

Can you please suggest why they are Lazy loading and how to Stop lazy loading the Slides images. That is Only the images that are above the fold on Home page.

Regards

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

Please confirm the permission for the plugins deactivation, switching to the parent/default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back.

Looking forward to collaborating with you.

Kind Regards

harshwe
    Participant

Hello Luke,

I wanted to know from where all the places we can check the Lazy load options. Wherever they are scattered and from wherever we can control, specially for Sliders and Home page.

If we can first check to see those are not affecting or not. Once after doing, if that still shows the same warning of Lazy load for LCP images, we can then proceed with the step of Plugin deactivation.

Also, does it shows this warning for everybody else or is it just we. Or else, it shows for Woodmart Slider and has to set somewhere from the settings.

Actually our site is already Live and it may affect upcoming visitors and orders.

If you think, that you require the permission as everything is set correctly from our end regarding lazy load, then you can proceed with the same. You have the permission.

Please do Not Update any Plugin and do Not Delete or remove.
    Once done, please Do Enable the Plugins and set the Child theme Active, and try to let plugins disable for as short period as you can.

Regards

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

The current lazy loading most likely comes from the browser, because our lazy loading adds the “wd-lazy” class for each image. So I suggest you enable the default theme when you have the lowest traffic on your live site and ensure that the lazy loading persists.

I await your response.

Kind Regards

harshwe
    Participant

Hello Luke,

1. I think I did not get your point. Do you mean to say that I should switch to default theme (when we have the lowest traffic on our site), and then test on GTMetrix or Google PS again.
    By the way, shall I test with Parent or Default theme. Can I ask, did you test from your side also, by switching to Parent and disabling the plugins.
    What were your findings.

Can you please answer these below relevant queries, pointwise. As this is really driving me bit crazy.

1.b. Well, I wonder, how the Browser plays the role in Lazy loading the images on their own. What is the purpose then having things set with Theme, plugins or coding, If browser overrides them. Or takes control over the Theme and settings and starts throwing warning on Google PS or GTmetrix.

1.c. Also, it is not that we are doing local test. It is the Online famous tool GTMetrix or Google PS who shows these warnings or messages. If browser has to do something with that, why will they ever throw such warning and ask us or Dev to look into and resolve these.

2. Other than that, wanted to know, did you test by disabling plugins and switching to parent theme or default theme as well. What are your findings. Please suggest.

3. You suggested – “our lazy loading adds the “wd-lazy” class for each image”
    So, did you find anything with this class. Was this class showing Active to you, while testing.
    b). Can lazy load be Enabled or disabled just for Sliders or Images of each Slide. Please let me know.
    c). Can lazy load be set for few specific images or banners . If so, how
    d). Can lazy load be set for any Woodmart Element. If so, how
    e). Also, if we have Disabled the Lazy load option from theme settings, then how come it says, Above the fold banner images are Lazily loading,

4. Most importantly, when we test the Staging site (having same settings and almost same set of plugins), then we found that it is Not throwing this warning message. Neither GTMetrix or Google PS.
    Can you please check on the Staging site and cross-verify with the settings or options we have on the Staging site.

If it had been a browser, and if that would have been the case, then even the staging site would have thrown this warning. Also, Chrome is being used worldwide. All other users would have been getting this message.

Credentials are same for the staging site as well.

Regards

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

I have contacted with the developer team and they confirmed that this lazy loading is not related to our theme. In our slider you are using the “Image” element that adds this lazy functionality, also this element is related to Elementor.

As for the our lazy functionality, it can be enabled only via Theme Settings -> Performance -> Lazy loading, and it enables globally for each images on your website. In your case you have it only in the slider which have the “Image” element that adds it.

So please replace the “Image” element that is from Elementor and recheck the issue.

Let me know the results.

Kind Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)