Home Forums WoodMart support forum Homepage long time to load carousels

Homepage long time to load carousels

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

pasjonat
    Participant

Hello!
    We are using woodmart theme and we have problem with product sliders on homepage. It doesn’t matter how much sliders we put on home (for example one) running scripts on website takes about 30-60 sec to full render. Web browsers are asking like ‘page is stuck, do you want to close this tab’ ? we did not change any functions in theme and woodmart core plugin.
    Wordpress – 5.6 (tested also 5.3)
    Woocommerce – newest version
    Woodmart, jscomposer – newest version

Have you ever problem with script rendering ? For test i removed all classes from divs with carousel to stop rendering carousels but it doesn’t help. I think that this problem is by one or more hooks but i don’t know which one. I tried also disable all plugins – it doesn’t help too. We have also swatches disabled.

Can you look at our problem?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, disable all external plugins and switch to the parent theme so we can check what is wrong.

We also noticed that you have more than a few hundreds of products on the home page. We suggest you to reduce this number. Also, activate “Init carousel on scroll” option for each products slider element and use lazy loading to optimize images load.

Kind Regards

pasjonat
    Participant

Hello!

Okay, i disabled all plugins except woodmart core and woocommerce. I also changed a theme to woodmart (now child is not loaded) and changed carousels to lazy loeaded. Can you check now our problem?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to reduce the number of products from 24 to 10 and disable the slider loop https://prnt.sc/xt92e7

pasjonat
    Participant

Okay i did that. It doesnt help too much 🙁

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please test how your website works with a default theme on the shop page with 200 products per page?

pasjonat
    Participant

Yes we tested it. It take about 1.5 seconds.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Do you allow us to switch between themes and test it?

We are sorry for the delay, but we will continue on your topic on Monday if it is ok for you.

Kind Regards

pasjonat
    Participant

Yes. We tested on simple themes. For the last few days, we’ve been analyzing what the problem is. The server’s responses are immediate. Database queries are performed in tens of seconds.

The problem is js scripts. When loading the home page, they trigger animations that take 4-5 seconds. After blocking js, the browser loads 0.5-1.5 seconds, despite the fact that the same large amount of data about products is downloaded.

pasjonat
    Participant

Yes. You can change themes and do tests.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You have added an additional server authentication and we can’t see your website now. Please, disable it so we can test your website.

Kind Regards

pasjonat
    Participant

Login / pass in private content

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We have fixed a few performance issues on your website. Could you please check how it works now? Note that it might load a bit long because of the large number of products on the page.

pasjonat
    Participant

Can you write down what changes have you made apart from disabling a few plugins?

It’s much better at the moment, but there’s still a problem with the header element.

Element:
    div.categories-menu-dropdown.vertical-navigation.woodmart-navigation

1) In the console, you can see that it is moved many times, which takes about 1.5 seconds and blocks the rendering of the entire page by the browser during this time,
    2) the picture in the first slider is shown only when you move the mouse.

Additionally, enabling the LiteSpeed Cache plugin now prevents the photos of products in carousels from loading. This plugin is crucial in optimizing website speed and server load. Before today’s changes, the photos were loading correctly.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have done a few modifications in our JS files that will be included in our next theme update. We also disabled full-width rows on the home page since they are not used but causes home page loading delay by WPBakery scripts.

1. Try to remove this element from the page and check how it works.

2. We have changed this on your website. Please, check how it works now.

Kind Regards

pasjonat
    Participant

Hello, problem still exists, website is loading about 15 sec. Woodmart version 6.0.3 Can you look at problem with long time loading carousels ??

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are not able to enter your dashboard now https://gyazo.com/5e45d026fbb28f598f68f8caf57d14b6

Kind Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)