Home Forums WoodMart support forum How can i filter by tag AND category?

How can i filter by tag AND category?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Giovanni
    Participant

HI,
    the Widget area the widget WOODMART WOOCOMMERCE LAYERED NAV doesn’t allow to filter by tag.
    So…How can i filter by tag AND category?

Thankyou in advance
    Giovanni

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience but actually, the new Widget style of the WP shows Warnings even with the Default WP Theme too and doesn’t work well.

So, if you are using the new Widget style then we would recommend you to install the “Classic Widgets” plugin on your Site and then you can easily use the Widgets area as per your choice.

Here is the Plugin URL: https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-widgets/

If you still face any issue then please share valid WP-ADMIN Login details of your Site in the below listed format on which you are facing the issue so that we can proceed further and check the issue on your Site and assist you accordingly.

WP-ADMIN URL:
    WP-ADMIN USERNAME:
    WP-ADMIN PASSWORD:

Best Regards

Giovanni
    Participant

after installing the plugin the result is the same, i need to filter by category AND by product tags.
    The category filters works well but seems impossibile to filter by product tags

Hello,

We have further checked this concern and found out that right now, the WOODMART WooCommerce Layered Nav widget doesn’t have the option to add a Filter by Tags option.

So, for that you can use the default WP widget named as <b> Product Tag Cloud </b>, which will show all the Product Tags in the Sidebar on your Site for the Shop and Category pages: https://ibb.co/bgBWnBj

After adding this widget, make sure that you have added the Product Tags under the Products Edit area then it will show the Tags accordingly.

Best Regards.

Giovanni
    Participant

ok the product tag colud show the product but it doesn’t apply filter in AND … for example: hats (cappelli) AND girl (bambina).
    I need to apply all filter conditions…(maybe it’s a feature request?)

Hello,

Basically, the Tags and Categories are taxonomies in WooCommerce. They have separate archive pages. For example, the Men Category has one page, the Women’s category has another. You can’t see both pages at the same time. That is why you can’t use them for filters.

Filters work with Product Attributes only. So in his case, you need to create an Attribute and use it for Tags. Then you will be able to add a Filter widget.

Hope we are able to make you understand!

Best Regards.

Giovanni
    Participant

im sorry but attributes and tags have a different using for navigation so…the only way is use an external plugin

Hello,

Sorry to say but we have already mentioned the possible way in this regard.

If that is not feasible for you, then you can use any third party Plugin that best meets your needs at your own risk. Hope you can understand !

Thanks for contacting us.
    Have a great day !

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How can i filter by tag AND category?’ is closed to new replies.