Home Forums WoodMart support forum How do sidebars work?

How do sidebars work?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

serralvo
    Participant

I have no idea how Sidebars work in this theme.
    As I couldn’t find any information about this within the theme documentation, I decided to post a topic about it.
    If I look at the Sidebars post type, it’s only a title and a slug. Nothing more. So, I assume they are kind of placeholders you can add content to through the Widgets.
    I created one, which appear now as a widget and added some simple HTML content to.
    Then I added this sidebar to one of my pages on the Sibebar Options section (position left and size inherit).
    However, when I view the page I don’t know how to see this sidebar.
    How does it work and what are this Sidebars created for?
    Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

First of all thanks for choosing our Theme, we are glad to be you in the WoodMart WordPress family :-).

I saw the screenshots you attached. Sidebars post type is used to create a sidebar widget in the Appearance >> Widgets.

Then you need to add available widgets to the sidebar you created from the Available list.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://ibb.co/rMn4Tk5

Then you need to set the sidebar position from Theme Settings >> General Layout.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://ibb.co/cXhj5zq

Regard’s.
    Xtemos Studio.

serralvo
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

I did what you said but when I click on the Sidebar Icon (screenshot-3) it loads an empty black modal window onto the page (screenshot-4).

Let me elaborate on what I did exactly.
    Following your guidelines, this time I added one of the available widgets (WOODMART: Recent Posts) to my newly created sidebar (screenshot-1). As you probably know, this specific widget works as it’s being used on the Main Widget Area.
    Then I added my sidebar to one of my site pages (screenshot-2).
    I also tried all the available sidebar options, positions and sizes.

I hope you can see now this functionality is definitely not working.

Mind you, all other core sidebars included with your theme work fine.

What am I missing here? How can I solve this?

Thank you for your support.

Attachments:

Hello,

I saw the screenshots you attached.

Please make sure that you have set the sidebar position for the specific page to inherit from the Edit Page.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://ibb.co/Yh4HrP3

Then Clear cache and check back.

Best Regards.

serralvo
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,

Thanks for your reply again.
    I just found out what the problem was and I sincerely hope this will help others.

Sidebars won’t show if Elementor Full Width or Canvas template are used as page attribute.
    Creating own template with sidebar functionality or just the default theme template will enable the sidebar.

Now, I know the following is off this topic but maybe you can through a rapid solution for this.

The theme custom metabox for page settings moved to the editor’s side (see screenshot).

Thank you so much!

Attachments:

Hello,

We are Glad that you have found the solution yourself. You are Great!!!!

This is the default functionality of the Elementor page builder that it won’t display the sidebar when off canvas or full width is selected from page attributes.

You need to set it to the theme default template to make it work as you mentioned.

And for the meta box. Please Drag drop it outside the sidebar. If you are still unable then provide admin panel login details of the website to check it myself and help you out accordingly.

Regard’s.
    Xtemos Studio.

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)