Home Forums Basel support forum how to assign projects and prodcuts to blog loop

how to assign projects and prodcuts to blog loop

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

andre.somepro
    Participant

Hi,

Im trying ot load latest blog posts, projects and prodcuts on the landing page within a simple blog loop.

Its working with the plugin: Custom Post Type Selector

with this plugin I was able to add the custom post types to the main blog loop but the layouts is slightly broken – the headline disapears behind the featured image. see screenshot.

Wheter your custom listing elemtns nor the visual composer elements are able to support more than one post type in a grid/list view – do you have a tip for me for a workarround.

Is it possible to ad projects and products to the basic loop via theme functions.php?

with kind regards

Andre

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

We can help you with styling your custom loop elements but we see that it looks fine now on your home page. Did you remove projects and products from there?

Unfortunately, we don’t have a quick instruction for you. It may require additional PHP customization to create such a loop and there is no such feature in our theme.

Kind Regards

andre.somepro
    Participant

Hi, thank your for the fast response.

The blog loop was not on the landing page it is under https://roomique.com/magazine/ there you can see the problem. with inserted multiple post types. The plugin i used somehow just forces the additional post types to the blog loop, but without respecting your theme css.

My intention is to keep the landing page as clean fast and simple as possible, too many options and side infos are just confusing the poeople with less time.

I would like you to do this customization for me. To enable the load of custom post type projects and products to the blog loop. I think its better to be done by your visual composer element “blog posts” It would be great to enable multiple post types instead of just one. By adding a hook for other post types and enable this to the theme functions.

can you make me an offer for that customization. best regards Andre

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

But the plugin is working correct now and it is not necessary to make any additional customization. Try to add this code to the Custom CSS in Theme Settings to fix appearance issue

.type-portfolio .post-mask, type-page .post-mask, .type-product .post-mask {
        padding-top: 40px;
    }

Regards

andre.somepro
    Participant

Hi, its working it does the job. Thank you so much.

It snot asigning the category-tag and author-info to the other post types but for the moment I can live with that.

But wouldnt it be a good feature for the futre to handle multiple post types within a list/grid view elemnt?

By the way I already rated your plugin 5 stars.

andre.somepro
    Participant

Now I know what the problem is – since I use this plugin Im supposed to ad Home Page and post page to the same page. Or to set Home page shows latest posts. In this case I cant ad other elements to the home page such as Slider or Headlines.

I need a customization in this case. Do you offer this service?

best regards

andre

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Category, tags, date an author may be shown only for blog posts, can’t be added to pages and products.

2. We will take into account your request for sure, but can’t say exactly will it be implemented or not at the moment.

3. Sorry, but we are not available for additional customization at the moment.

Regards

andre.somepro
    Participant

Hello again,

the custom post type selector plugin did the job (to point custom post types to the main blog loop) well. but it causes the Shop page on other languages – by WPML not to work anymore.

Im contacting the developer to find a solution. By the way I want to ask you whether you can offer a customization for this issue.

with kind regards

Andre

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry, but we still don’t have enough free time to be able to provide you the customization service regarding this plugin.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)