Home Forums Basel support forum How to change the name and color of the label "SALE NEW HOT" on the menu?

How to change the name and color of the label "SALE NEW HOT" on the menu?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

pintostattoo
    Participant

Hi.

In which file? I can change the labels NEW HOT OUT to create a new or modify an existing thanks.

Label

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you very much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

The file that contains all labels options is basel/inc/third-party/nav-menu-images/inc/walker.php. Find the following code and add your own labels

<option value="hot" <?php selected( $label, 'hot', true); ?>><?php _e('Hot', 'basel'); ?></option>
    <option value="sale" <?php selected( $label, 'sale', true); ?>><?php _e('Sale', 'basel'); ?></option>
    <option value="new" <?php selected( $label, 'new', true); ?>><?php _e('New', 'basel'); ?></option>

Regards
    XTemos

pintostattoo
    Participant

Thank to reply so soon. I could add a label more call soon, but does not work correctly, any ideas?

The name of the label is empty

HTML code of the menu

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, you also need to add a text for your new label in the file inc/functions.php. Find the following code and add your new label

switch ( $label ) {
    	case 'hot':
    		$label_text = esc_html__('Hot', 'basel');
    	break;
    	case 'sale':
    		$label_text = esc_html__('Sale', 'basel');
    	break;
    	case 'new':
    		$label_text = esc_html__('New', 'basel');
    	break;
    }

Regards

vanuch
    Participant

How to do the same thing (change label names) without editing the theme files? I want the changes to be under child theme’s functions.php so if I update the theme, I can keep the changes.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you want to change names or add a new one? If simply change names, then you can use POT file translations. Here is a video that demonstrates how to translate strings with Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAFq1yTfWfU

Regards

vanuch
    Participant

Thanks, this works just fine. Was something I had to do at some point anyway (translate theme’s untranslated parts to Estonian). 🙂

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome 🙂

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How to change the name and color of the label "SALE NEW HOT" on the menu?’ is closed to new replies.