Home Forums Basel support forum How to exclude a portfolio/ project category from basel portfolio element/page

How to exclude a portfolio/ project category from basel portfolio element/page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

andre.somepro
    Participant

Hi im facing an issue using your great theme.

I want to place the project/portfolio items using your visual composer element and its working fine.

I can see that I can restrict the element to use just one category to load – But how can I make it to exclude a category. Is there something I can drop into the custom css of the element?

The reason I need this, is im using your portfoio post type to handle 2 post types without creating a 2nd post type for its own. I want to keep the layout and ajax sorting functionality of the theme because its great! And your portfolio post type is so much deeply integrated in the theme without a classic post-type_archive.php file that I would have copied to another posttype. So im seperating them by the categories, which works fine for me.

It would be great if you can tell me how to exclude a portfolio category from portfolio listings.

with kind regards

Andre

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no option to exclude categories from the portfolio element. It is possible to do this only customizing portfolio function in core files. You can find it in the file inc/shortcodes.php. Function called basel_shortcode_portfolio.

Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)