Home Forums Basel support forum How to HIDE the entry-thumbnail omg in the SINGLE POST

How to HIDE the entry-thumbnail omg in the SINGLE POST

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

Hey my SUPER DUPA SERVICE TEAM! 🥳

Since last time all works very well, all looks good THANK YOU! I am really happy!!!

Now I work on the blog. All is perfect, you already send me all the needed css so it is very clean now. But I have a problem in each post. The post started with a photo on the top and that is almost every time very strange because it is soooooooooo big. The system do not care if it is a larger or smaller photo, it just stretch it.

Is there a way to hide it but ONLY in the post page not in the blog overview?? I already tried a lot of different variations but it either do not helps or it hides the photo on both pages. I tried this here:

.type-post .entry-thumbnail img {
    visibility:hidden!important;
    }

.blog-post-loop .entry-thumbnail img {
    display:none!important;
    }

THANK YOU and have a great weekend!!!
    Aaron

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

body.single-post .entry-header figure{
    display:none;
    }

Best Regards

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

Hi, thank you VERY MUCH!!! It works perfectly!!! 😍😘

Nevertheless, you know me, I have already something new which bothered me.
    I have created in the global CSS the sizes for header and fonts:

h1 {
    font-size: 2.2em;
    line-height: 1.334em;
    font-weight: 300;
    letter-spacing: 0.02em;
    word-spacing: 0.05em;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    }

h2 {
    font-size: 1.3em;
    line-height: 1.150em;
    font-weight: 400;
    letter-spacing: 0.02em;
    word-spacing: 0.05em;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    }

etc., etc.

But this has no effect in categories and also not in the blog ( I just noticed it) .
    Please, what can I do that it will work there too???

THANK YOU!!!!
    Best wishes
    Aaron

Hello,

You can change the font by means of the Advanced typography option, which allows you to choose the item from a drop-down or insert your custom CSS class. Please navigate to the Theme Settings > Typography > Advanced Typography.

Here is the documentation providing more detailed instructions: https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/advanced-typography-settings-2/

Best Regards

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

Hey,

thank you for your fast help, but it do not work…. 😞
    I have the feeling the system is laughing at me and doing what it wants.

The added rule has an effect on the blog overview page but not at the single post page. I added also a header row H1 with WP bakery and both headers (the normal one from theme and the header from WP bakery) they are both the same not 40PX (like 2.2em which I normally wanted) they are both in 32PX.

It seems there is somewhere a global css which is more important than my rules.

Please, if you have time, please take a quick view on my issue.

Thanks,
    Aaron 🎈

Attachments:

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

…. I have an extra not for that issue!

I just added into a page at CSS some content and slowly think here is something strange.

When I add 2.2em (which should be 40px at desktop) in page header it is correct but not at H1 header in wp bakery.

Maybe some pages use an other reference for em??? Like I told you, at the most pages it works with em just on pages from WP direct like blog and shop not.

Hello,

Please insert the values in px and check again.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

Hi my friend,

I thought it would be easier and better to use em, but I have changed all into px again. It do not work much better so I added this here in CSS:

.blog-post-loop.post-single-page .entry-title {
    font-size: 40px;
    }

Now it has in the blog the right size. THANK YOU!

Nevertheless I have new problem. 🥴

I added at the homepage your nice ‘post carousel’,that works nice. I added a dark bg and changed the row setting into light version but I CAN NOT change the title color of each post into a white color…. I add already CSS globally and also only on that page, itself moreover I added important but it do not work… 😭 Maybe I need a special code… I do not not know.

I am sure you it is super easy and you know the solution. 😀

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
    Aaron

Attachments:

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

AH! I found out when I make changes at the theme settings at Entities names, then the color is different but that changes all headlines of everything (items, products, blog titles) and that is not so good 🥺

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

It would be also nice if you could send me the code for hover.

The actual situation is that when I hover over the title it gets dark grey the same effect is at the ‘read more’ button. It would be here nice if it could turn into pure white. Maybe normal color is something like #e3e3e3 and at hoover #ffffff.

THANK YOU!!!

💐

Hello,

Please provide the page URL into the private area I will give you custom CSS, I have looked the pages in the menu and cannot find the block you show in the screen.

Best Regards

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

Hi my friend,

thank you, I will send you all what you need. 😘
    The ‘post carousel’ is on the homepage.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Hello,

Post carousel title is white now: https://prnt.sc/10ehgyq

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global for “Read more”:

body.home .btn.btn-style-link{
    color:#ffffff;
    }

Best Regards

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

Heeeey,

THANK YOU MY FRIEND!!!
    But the post carousel title is still in black 😝 also on the sent screenshot!!!

The red more button works perfectly, THANK YOU!!!🌹

Best wishes,
    Aaron

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

The Problem is that I only need white titles in this post carousel. The other posts on this site are on white background so they need black titles. I thought I could easy set the style in the post carousel settings (light, dark) but it is not so … 😞

Hello,

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

body .owl-carousel-item .entry-content {
    color:#ffffff;
    }

Best Regards

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

Hey my friend,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH but it do not helped because it only changed the color of the text/content and not the title.

I searched and found out the ccs title on this page, and when I add it to your code (only with that ) then it works:

body .owl-carousel-item .product-title a, .post-slide .entry-title a, .category-grid-item .hover-mask h3, .basel-search-full-screen .basel-search-inner input[type=”text”], .blog-post-loop .entry-title, .post-title-large-image .entry-title, .single-product-content .entry-title {
    color:#ffffff!important;
    }

(maybe it is a bit long… ???….)

I added to CSS global and it changed also in the blog, so I added it only on this wanted page. Now it looks good, I hope. If not I will write you

THANK YOU again THOUSAND TIMES!!! 😘
    Best wishes
    Aaron

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

THANK YOU!

And here I am back again!!!! 😝

I would like to add in the categories photos, content in rows etc. with WP bakery page builder, but it doesn’t work… 😔

When I add the code then it is just white. I add some photos what I would like to have and what I get.

What is the problem?? How can I fix it???

Thank you an have a great week! 😘
    Aaron

Attachments:

Hello,

Please advise what code are you adding to the row?

What categories you would like to show: product or blog?

Try to do it with Promo banner + text block.

Best Regards

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to ad such a photo in background and the text in front of it, that all at the shop categories.

Here is an example of such an text:

<p>[vc_row][vc_column][ultimate_heading main_heading=”VINCENT BEETZ” main_heading_color=”#1e1e1e” heading_tag=”h1″ sub_heading_color=”#1e1e1e” main_heading_font_family=”font_family:Roboto|font_call:Roboto|variant:300″ main_heading_style=”font-weight:300;” main_heading_font_size=”desktop:40px;tablet:40px;tablet_portrait:30px;mobile_landscape:40px;mobile:30px;” sub_heading_font_family=”font_family:Roboto|font_call:Roboto|variant:500″ sub_heading_font_size=”desktop:23px;” sub_heading_style=”font-weight:500;” sub_heading_line_height=”desktop:60px;”][/ultimate_heading][vc_empty_space height=”50px”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row full_width=”stretch_row_content” bg_type=”image” enable_overlay=”enable_overlay_value” overlay_color=”rgba(255,255,255,0.77)” overlay_pattern=”transperant” css=”.vc_custom_1615395057158{background-image: url(https://galerie-bergmann.de/wp-content/uploads/Vincent-Beetz-2.jpg?id=41892) !important;background-position: center !important;background-repeat: no-repeat !important;background-size: cover !important;}”][vc_column width=”1/2″ offset=”vc_col-lg-offset-0 vc_col-lg-6 vc_col-md-offset-0 vc_col-md-6 vc_col-sm-offset-0 vc_col-xs-12″][vc_column_text]Vincent Beetz möchte etwas bewerkstelligen, was nur wenigen Künstlern zuvor gelungen ist. Er will aus den Beschränkungen der Leinwand hinausgehen, seinen Kunstwerken eine weitere Bedeutung zuweisen. Doch es ist nicht einfach die Pfade in der Kunst neu zu beschreiten, wo doch die meisten Maler auf einer rechteckigen Leinwand malen.<br />
    Schon lange war die Abstraktion das Thema für sein künstlerisches Schaffen. Diese Liebe will er nicht aufgeben. Aber wie soll man einem Maluntergrund eine neue Form zuweisen?<br />
    Er schnitt Leinwandstoff in Form, doch das war nicht stabil genug, um es zu bemalen oder gar an die Wand zu hängen. Eine Holzkonstruktion wie bei Keilrahmen wäre eine Lösung. Aber schon bei dem ersten Versuchen zeigte sich, daß bei Kurven diese Idee nicht zu realisieren war. Holzleisten kann man nur schwer biegen und schon garnicht kurze Abschnitte für kompliziertere Formen.<br />
    Eine andere Idee war geboren: die Leinwände mit einer Substanz zu tränken, die für die Festigkeit sorgen würde. Viele Lösungen hat Betz ausprobiert. Begonnen hat er mit einem Stofffestiger, einer Substanz, die das Gewebe nach dem austrocknen in Form hält, doch das war nicht gut genug. Dann probierte er Kunstharz aus und versuchte die fertige Leinwand so zu festigen, zwar mit besserem Erfolg, aber dieser plastikartige Glanz die Gefiel ihm nicht. Sein Ziel war es eine plane Fläche zu bekommen, die eine abstrakte Bemalung zulassen würde….<br />
    Im Mittelalter kannte man keine Keilrahmen. Die meisten Gemälde wurden auf Holzplanken, Brettern, Türen und Ähnlichem gemalt. Das wusste Beetz. Aber würde es auch mit dünnen Holzbrettern, aus den man große Flächen herausschneiden würde und anschließend bemal, funktionieren?<br />
    Es folgen viele Experimente mit verschiedenen Holzplatten, Holzarten, Grundierungen und Malmitteln. Mit der Zeit hatte der Künstler eine geniale Technik entwickelt, euch die er aus Holzplatten großflächige Formen mit einer Säge herausschnitt, diese mit einem eigens entwickelten Gemisch grundierte und anschließend abstrakt bemalte.<br />
    Der schwieriger Weg hat sich gelohnt. Der Künstler vereint in seinen Werken zwei Welten miteinander: Abstraktion und Figuration. Diese Spannung erlaubt dem Betrachter eine phantastische Reise zu unternehmen in der er selbst entscheidet was er sieht: die äußere Form, oder die beinahe magische Oberfläche, die strahlenförmig den Raum einnimmt und sich atmosphärisch auf ihn auswirkt. Dabei nutzt der Künstler verschiedene Formen wie Vögel, runde Scheiben, heldenhafte Wesen und viele andere mehr. Die Oberflächen entstehen mit expressiven Bemalungen die mehrschichtig aufgetragen und akribisch vermalt werden. Nichts wird dem Zufall überlassen. Bis ein solches Werk dann schließlich vollendet ist, kann es von der Projektierung, über Formschnitt und Bemalung einschließlich Versiegelung bis zu 3 Monate dauern – sagt Beetz. Dann ist aber alles perfekt und das Kunstwerk kann in die weite Große Welt hinaus.<br />
    Auf die Frage ob es nicht etwas weh tut, das seine Kunstwerke das Atelier für immer verlassen sagt Beetz:</p>

<p>„Ja, die Werke sind wie eigene Kinder, doch die müssen auch ihr eigenes Leben leben und vor allen Dingen auch andere Menschen finden die Freude darin finden ihnen zu begegnen.”</p>

<p>[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][/vc_column][/vc_row]</p>

THANK YOU!! 😘

best wishes
    Aaron

Hello,

Please provide the page URL or good quality screen.

Best Regards

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

Hey, thank you!!!!

I will deactivate the maintenance mode. Here is the link:

https://galerie-bergmann.de/produkt-kategorie/werke-von-vincent-beetz/

Hello,

Please move these two rows into the Section element and set full-width for the section, then assign the background image to the sections https://gyazo.com/738dd1fcd8e9a0e38ecb59ff91a267b3

Best Regards

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

I never come to the idea to put all in one row. I already tried so many variation, almost a complete week….

GREAT! I will try it!!!

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

😭

Hey,

it doesn’t work. I made the content as simple as possible, just one row with one text field and one simple background (not full, just standard and without overlay or so). The result is no background. It seems it do not accept a background in this area or the z-index is too low, or it is hidden…

Here my simple code:

[vc_row bg_type=”image” css=”.vc_custom_1615474468832{background-image: url(https://galerie-bergmann.de/wp-content/uploads/Vincent-Beetz-2.jpg?id=41892) !important;}”][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Vincent Beetz

Vincent Beetz möchte etwas bewerkstelligen, was nur wenigen Künstlern zuvor gelungen ist. Er will aus den Beschränkungen der Leinwand hinausgehen, seinen Kunstwerken eine weitere Bedeutung zuweisen. Doch es ist nicht einfach die Pfade in der Kunst neu zu beschreiten, wo doch die meisten Maler auf einer rechteckigen Leinwand malen.

Schon lange war die Abstraktion das Thema für sein künstlerisches Schaffen. Diese Liebe will er nicht aufgeben. Aber wie soll man einem Maluntergrund eine neue Form zuweisen?

Er schnitt Leinwandstoff in Form, doch das war nicht stabil genug, um es zu bemalen oder gar an die Wand zu hängen. Eine Holzkonstruktion wie bei Keilrahmen wäre eine Lösung. Aber schon bei dem ersten Versuchen zeigte sich, daß bei Kurven diese Idee nicht zu realisieren war. Holzleisten kann man nur schwer biegen und schon garnicht kurze Abschnitte für kompliziertere Formen.

Eine andere Idee war geboren: die Leinwände mit einer Substanz zu tränken, die für die Festigkeit sorgen würde. Viele Lösungen hat Betz ausprobiert. Begonnen hat er mit einem Stofffestiger, einer Substanz, die das Gewebe nach dem austrocknen in Form hält, doch das war nicht gut genug. Dann probierte er Kunstharz aus und versuchte die fertige Leinwand so zu festigen, zwar mit besserem Erfolg, aber dieser plastikartige Glanz die Gefiel ihm nicht. Sein Ziel war es eine plane Fläche zu bekommen, die eine abstrakte Bemalung zulassen würde….

Im Mittelalter kannte man keine Keilrahmen. Die meisten Gemälde wurden auf Holzplanken, Brettern, Türen und Ähnlichem gemalt. Das wusste Beetz. Aber würde es auch mit dünnen Holzbrettern, aus den man große Flächen herausschneiden würde und anschließend bemal, funktionieren?
    Es folgen viele Experimente mit verschiedenen Holzplatten, Holzarten, Grundierungen und Malmitteln. Mit der Zeit hatte der Künstler eine geniale Technik entwickelt, euch die er aus Holzplatten großflächige Formen mit einer Säge herausschnitt, diese mit einem eigens entwickelten Gemisch grundierte und anschließend abstrakt bemalte.

Der schwieriger Weg hat sich gelohnt. Der Künstler vereint in seinen Werken zwei Welten miteinander: Abstraktion und Figuration. Diese Spannung erlaubt dem Betrachter eine phantastische Reise zu unternehmen in der er selbst entscheidet was er sieht: die äußere Form, oder die beinahe magische Oberfläche, die strahlenförmig den Raum einnimmt und sich atmosphärisch auf ihn auswirkt. Dabei nutzt der Künstler verschiedene Formen wie Vögel, runde Scheiben, heldenhafte Wesen und viele andere mehr. Die Oberflächen entstehen mit expressiven Bemalungen die mehrschichtig aufgetragen und akribisch vermalt werden. Nichts wird dem Zufall überlassen. Bis ein solches Werk dann schließlich vollendet ist, kann es von der Projektierung, über Formschnitt und Bemalung einschließlich Versiegelung bis zu 3 Monate dauern – sagt Beetz. Dann ist aber alles perfekt und das Kunstwerk kann in die weite Große Welt hinaus.
    Auf die Frage ob es nicht etwas weh tut, das seine Kunstwerke das Atelier für immer verlassen sagt Beetz:

„Ja, die Werke sind wie eigene Kinder, doch die müssen auch ihr eigenes Leben leben und vor allen Dingen auch andere Menschen finden die Freude darin finden ihnen zu begegnen.”

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Best wishes,
    Aaron

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

Content:
    https://gyazo.com/7b3be244d436beeb7cb7611350a3e4b7

and

Result
    https://gyazo.com/14b88928e759ece371139a4c3efc8f86

– no background
    – and also still no font adjustment, this page still not know what H1 is 😝

Hello,

1. Please create an empty HTML block in Dashboard > HTML blocks.

2. Copy from a category the content and paste into HTML block: https://gyazo.com/3a8e1bc7aa2b0f86970cef1fd6e70251

3. Insert the shorcode of the HTML block into the Category description instead of that content. https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/html-blocks/

Then you can edit the content in the same way as you edit and create the pages.

Do the same with all the categories.

Best Regards

Orx und Vinn
    Participant

Hey,

I can count on you. You always have good ideas. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

I’m trying to do that. It’s all a bit more complicated than usual (for me) so I have to see how I can do it.

Please, can I get a CSS code ONLY for the Wocommerce categories? I would like to move the content up a bit, but only in the categories:

.main-page-wrapper {
    padding-top: 0px;
    margin-top: -40px;
    }

If I put that in, he’ll move ALL pages up a little. Unfortunately this is not possible. 😔

THANK YOU!!!!
    Aaron 😘

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)