Home Forums WoodMart support forum How to make safe update without lose settings?

How to make safe update without lose settings?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

BigMaras
    Participant

I read your documentation and you suggest to use “Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades” but in new wordpress this plugin doesn’t work. After activation plugin and add new theme files to upload new theme I didn’t receive any of plugin activity and I couldn’t push the button with update. SO, do you recommend any other method?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

In this situation, we suggest you simply remove our old theme version and install a new one in a regular way. But better to back up all files before the update.

Regards

BigMaras
    Participant

but what about settings? when I delete folder and install new version probably I loose some of configurations. yes?

Do you plan to add feature to update theme?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

No, you will not lose any settings. Currently, we can’t implement auto updates since it will force customers to enter their activation key. But we will work on this function in the future.

BigMaras
    Participant

ok, the last question in case of update, how to update manualy plugins? when I made upgrade your theme the plugins (for example slider) is not upgrade.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

If you have the latest version of the theme, you can automatically update included plugins via Appearance -> Install plugins.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)