Home Forums Basel support forum How to replace search / increase search functionality

How to replace search / increase search functionality

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

andre.somepro
    Participant

Hi Team,

The product search and the style of search full page an drop down are both realy great.

But im facing an isue, I want to search products, portfolio and blog posts in the header search.

for example by installing plugin “search everything” or reelvanssi

is there a way to replace the search lin or put a shortcode there? Youmight have a tip for me

best regards

Andre

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We can give you a location where is our search form is located. Could you please send us screenshot which form exactly do you want to replace?

Thank you

andre.somepro
    Participant

Hi thank you for your fast support. Ive attached a screenshot of the search.

Ive noticed you made an update on language switcher in your latest version 3.8 is there a chance to see this in demo or what did you increased?

best regards

Andre

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can change this form in the file inc/template-tags.php. Function that contains the code for this form is called basel_header_block_search_extended. You can copy it to the functions.php file in your child theme and then modify it.

Sorry, but we don’t have a demo for the languages switcher since we are not using WPML on our demo website.

andre.somepro
    Participant

the only thing I need to do is to replace this with the default search of wordpress the rest is done by plugin.
    can you inform me how to ad the default search

with kind regards

Andre

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But if we will replace our form with default WordPress one our styles and functionality will not work at all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)