Home Forums WoodMart support forum How To Upload Images To This Category Gallery Area

How To Upload Images To This Category Gallery Area

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I had an extra category image in this gallery area before, but after I deleted the category page the image was linked to, the photo in this area also disappeared. It was also the bigger image in the gallery, but now the Handbag category image is the bigger one. How, do I add back a 5th image to the area, then also make that image the bigger one? See the screenshot. Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

You need to create the 5th category and then it will show in the “Product Categories” element.

In order to create a new category, go to Products -> Categories

https://monosnap.com/file/4dF0wBYkW85sV083NAhUIoNCu8hfKF

To make your 5th image bigger, you need to sort the categories by ID, go to your “Product Categories” element in the “WPBakery” builder and edit it, in the “General” settings find the “Number” and “Order by” fields.

https://monosnap.com/file/TSO5UUDLExYsOzLU7YrDy7QPuIjB6N

In the “Order by” field select the “ID” option, and enter category IDs in the “Number” field to sort your category like you want.

Kind Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I wanted to use a category I already have on the website for the 5th category in the category gallery area seen in the screenshot above. So, when you said that: “In order to create a new category, go to Products -> Categories”, were you instructing me to create a “new category” page for the website, or were you just saying I should create a category for that gallery section only?

I just wanted to link the categories in the gallery area to their official category pages.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please provide login access for your site’s WordPress admin panel, so we can log in and check the issue on your side.

Kind Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for offering to login in to do a check. See login credentials down below. Thanks.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

The 5th category doesn’t show because you have added only 4 categories in the “Product Categories” element.

https://monosnap.com/file/PwmrM4LDtODqv1whI1H0xziRYaywA1

You need to add the 5th category in the “Product Categories” element, then it will be displayed.

Kind Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve hired a developer to add images to the 5 image gallery area on my homepage like we discussed before, but the images have 3 different heights. The “Hair Accessories” & “Eyewear” images are only the ones with the correct size. The other 3 images are new, and the developer doesn’t know how to make everything fit. I need your help with this issue. Thanks.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

It seems that your images for the “Hair Accessories” and “Eyewear” categories are much smaller than the other 3 images.

Try to upload larger images for these two categories and check the issue.

Kind Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi, you misunderstood. The 2 smaller images are the original ones that were added to the gallery a few months ago. The other 3 images were just uploaded yesterday without being resized. The 4 smaller images are supposed to have 4 equal sides (square), and of course the large image should be bigger than the rest, but everything collectively should be leveled on the same height. This was based on the theme’s demo for the category gallery feature. Please explain to me how I could get all the images to be the same sizes as the same demo version. And do you know what the dimensions of each images would have to be based on the images from the demo gallery? Please take a look at the demo version from the theme from the screenshot and the link. Thanks.

https://woodmart.xtemos.com/products-categories/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

The problem is that your pictures have different proportions. To be able to crop your images without using some third party programs, navigate to Appearance -> WooCommerce -> Product Images -> in the “Thumbnail cropping” field select – 1:1. After that your images will be identical and with equal proportions.

https://prnt.sc/1z9lo5f

Kind Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

Appearance-> WooCommerce-> Product Images doesn’t exist, so I wasn’t able to do anything in the Thumbnail cropping field to resize the images.

By the way, the method you suggested would only be resizing the 2 bigger smaller images, as well as the large image, right? Because I just want to make sure other images on the website will not be resized to Thumbnail 1:1.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry for my mistake, the right way is Appearance -> Customize -> WooCommerce -> Product Images. The “1:1” thumbnail option will crop all images on your site.

Then you better upload all pictures with the same proportions. The proportions like on our demo site I added below in the screenshot.

https://monosnap.com/file/iFiPJK8qBXMtbgsnLXc0Va479j22wk

Kind Regards

Agromo
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the last above information of what could be done to have the images resized. My only question now is, would I necessarily need to upload images with the same exact dimensional sizes like the demo, or could I just add a bigger size image for the big image, then make sure the 4 other smaller images are half the size of the bigger image? Thanks.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

You don’t need to upload images with the same proportions as in the demo, your second variant is correct but make sure that the 4 other smaller images are half the size of the bigger image.

Kind Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)