Home Forums Basel support forum HTML before footer & WMPL

HTML before footer & WMPL

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

vilif
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m using HTML before footer feature to show a menu in all pages. For this menu I use the html_blocks , which I have in two languages. As you can see in Theme Settings->Footer->HTML before footer you can’t something is wrong because I use different shortcode for each language but it seems the system only save one of them.

Any idea? thnk you very much

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Prefooter area in Theme Settings should be translated in String Translation section via WPML plugin. This string is registered in wpml-config.xml file according to plugin’s documentation. If you can’t find it there, please, contact plugin’s support for help in this situation since we don’t know why this option doesn’t appear in String Translation.

Regards

vilif
    Participant

Ok, the thing is that i CAN’T delete the html block shortcode, I delete it from theme settings but after refresh is still there….

On the other hand: no I can’t fins the string in the WPML sting translation dashboard.

vilif
    Participant

OK, I solved the problem “cheating” the system.

Issue closed

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We are glad that you fixed it. And it would be very kind of you if you will post this solution here so other customers may see it 🙂

vilif
    Participant

Yes of course.

The problem was that I couldn’t delete the “html block shortcode” from theme settings “HTML before footer”, if you switched the wordpress dashboard languages to the default language the shortcode was there, no matter if you changed/deleted it and saved, nothing.

What I did to solve the issue is upload a new wpml-config.xml deleting this line <key name=”prefooter_area” />, then you can delete the shortcode, after that I uploaded the original wpml-config.xml then I filled the “HTML before footer” field with the html block shortcode and save.

Then you can re-scan the theme using WPML and then the shortcode appears in String Translation, here you translate it using other html shortcode in the corresponding language.

I hope this explanation was enough for other users.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for posting it here. We are sure it will be useful for other customers! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)