Home Forums Basel support forum I created a website with Basel"Home Wine" theme and its Gone Blank- need help

I created a website with Basel"Home Wine" theme and its Gone Blank- need help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

floydconsultancy
    Participant

Hello there,

I have been creating a wordpress website using the Basel “Home Wine” theme for last 10 days.
    I did not do anything with the coding or documentation per se, except for loading some plug-ins that i thought are necessary and today i installed a “plugin for Full screen mega menu” and tried using that, but i realized it was not going well with the theme, so i deleted the Plug in – restored my settings.

The website was working fine.

Suddenly later today when i opened my website, it went blank.

I contacted siteground, where i am hosting my website- and They informed me there is nothing wrong on their end and recommended me to contact the “Theme Developers”.

My URL is “https://zaphimalaya.rocks” – please check it and help me with getting it back to life!

It’s very urgent for me!

thanks and rergards.

floydconsultancy
    Participant

Hello There,

I deactivated 3 plugins ” WP Super Cache, WP Fastest Cache and I Minfiying”..

And it started re-working.

kindly sort this out.

Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad to know that you considered using Basel for your web-site. I hope you will be happy with it.

We just tested your website and it seems to be working correctly for us https://gyazo.com/b02c3ad8f3316a5f93dec79bb8fd62bc

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

floydconsultancy
    Participant

Hello there,

You are right like i informed after i deleted those three plug-ins it started to work again. Earlier it had gone blank.

Does it mean that this theme doesn’t support WP Fastest Cache or SuperCache Plugins or is the problem with the Minifie Plugin?

If you can see right now when you type in the URL the HTML file is showing up before the CSS file.. Just type the URL and before it settles you will some disturbing cover up on the screen for a very short time.
    Which was not happening earlier?

What could be the probable reason for the same.

I shall be highly obliged for your inputs and suggestions. and If you can send me a list of Best Practices. To Do and Not to Do things with the theme.

I am not a professional developer, however, i made the whole things so far by myself and i really loved your theme and its feature so far, and am definitely going to refer it to many more startups like me.

So please help me become more informed and aware of this theme.

And please help me sort out this Opening Conflict when you type the URL and click…you should be able to see something weird?

I still need that sorted!

looking forward to hearing from you.

thanks in anticipation.
    Govind.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is not the theme issue at all since some of the plugins breaks CSS files URLs so it will not be working with any theme you will use. We didn’t test specifically those plugins and we personally prefer Better WordPress minify for JS and CSS optimization and WP Super Cache plugin for caching and CDN purpose. Try to use them on your website too.

Or if you still want to use your plugins you need to ask their developers how to configure them correctly since there are no any requirements from our theme side.

If you will still have any difficulties, please, provide us your admin access so we can check your configuration and maybe try to help you in this question.

Regards

floydconsultancy
    Participant

Hello There,

I installed Auto-optimized plugin (Minifier) and WP Super Cache- and it seems the problem is sorted for now.

But if i face any such problem again, i would love to share my Admin details with you guys for review and fixing the same.

I appreciate your quick responses.

Thanks and have a great year!
    Govind

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Great, we are glad that found the solution!

Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)