Home Forums Basel support forum I need to update my theme template files….?

I need to update my theme template files….?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

We’ve had some issues with our site and it always comes back to the theme. Right now, our problem is two fold; we are receiving an “Please select some product options before adding this product to your cart.” error on some of our variable products, and also an issue where the site just spins….and spins when a variation is selected.

All support via woocommerce and wordpress has brought me back to the theme and I was told I need to update the theme template files. We are using Basel child with a lot of custom html in the theme file editor. Any help is appreciated in doing this or fixing the issue!

Worth noting I changed the theme on a staging site and did not have the issue, so I know it is a problem with the theme.

Hello,

“Please select some product options before adding this product to your cart.”

This is Woocommerce functionality. It means, if you have created a variable product based on two attributes, for example, color and size, you need to select both attributes to add a variation to the cart.

If you switch to the Storefront, you will see the same: selecting one attribute would show this error, and selecting both attributes would add a variation to the cart.

Best Regards

The vast majority of our products have one variation (in our case, they are colors). They do not have two variations, only one. We have (had) been using the Basel theme for 3+ years and the error was new today.

What does “switch to the Storefront” mean?

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site and check the issue on the Storefront theme to detect if our theme causes the problem. Storefront is a free theme developed by WooСommerce.

Best Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)