Home Forums WoodMart support forum I want to override theme default visual composer element files to child theme

I want to override theme default visual composer element files to child theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I want to add schema markup parameters to each and every visual composer elements and want to display it on front-end. so I have overridden visual composer elements files to the child theme and it is working fine, but my query is regarding theme default visual composer elements. I did copy and paste theme files to a child theme:-

Here are the path of it to add new parameters:- /public_html/wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/integrations/visual-composer/maps to /public_html/wp-content/themes/woodmart-child/inc/integrations/visual-composer/maps

To show result on front-end:- /public_html/wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/shortcodes to /public_html/wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/shortcodes

But when i make changes into it, do not show results from child theme files. It means it does not override the main theme files. so could you please advise how to do that?

Visual composer elements are easily overriding by the copy and pasted it to the child theme and it works. But templates of default theme elements are not working perfectly.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

To override our theme functions you need to copy the whole PHP function to the functions.php file in your child theme and customize it. The function will look like this

function woodmart_some_shortcode() { /* function body */ }

Unfortunately, files overriding is not working for our theme elements.

Kind Regards

Hi there,

Thank you for providing us the solution!

Kindly find my comments.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please send us a screenshot of the place that you want to customize so we can send you the file name?

Thank you for the quick reply!

Sure! Kindly find the attached screenshots.

We have added this section on the home page. Here is the link of the home page:- https://www.mylifeinfused.com/

Here is the screenshot:- https://www.screencast.com/t/y3sGnzzrope

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Products can be customized in files woodmart/woocommerce/content-product-*.php and it depends on the products hover design you use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)