Home Forums WoodMart support forum Icons in front of category menu items

Icons in front of category menu items

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Chillmaster
    Participant

Hello everybody,
    In the menu of the categories, very nice icon symbols are displayed in front of the individual menu items in the demo database. I would also like to use these icons for my own menu items.
    Unfortunately, this does not work, because new menu items have no icon and those that are displayed are not available via a shotcode. Specifically, I am concerned with the icon that can be seen in the screenshot. This icon is also available in the media library. I have not found a way to integrate this icon in front of the menu item. Is there a tip for it?

Thanks a lot for a reply 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Enter the category in Dashboard > Products > Categories and find the option “Icon to display in the main menu (or any other menu through the site)” add the SVG image from the Media library.

Best Regards

Chillmaster
    Participant

Thank you very much for the reply.

But that doesn´t work. I did it exacly the way you described it, but the svg icon will not be shown. Do I have to change the svg to a smaler px value in default?

Hello,

You need to open your SVG icons file with some editor like Sublime Text or default system text editor and add width=”31″ height=”40″ attributes to your <svg> tag like it is shown: http://prntscr.com/m4n0qw
    Then you will need to re-upload your icons in WordPress Dashboard.

Best Regards

Chillmaster
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.
    I did the changes on SVG file, as you have said. With the following values:

<svg 
    width="31" height="40" 
    viewBox="0 0 31 40" 
    version="1.1"

I reuploaded the file and link it to the category, as you had said before. Nothing changes.

So I tried it with following values:

<svg 
    width="20" height="20" 
    viewBox="0 0 20 20" 
    version="1.1"

that also does not work 🙁

Do I have to use a smaller size? Is there anything else in the svg file, that will have to be change?

Hello,

Please provide the site admin access and page URL I will test one of my SVGs which works properly to detect the reason.

Best Regards

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)