Home Forums WoodMart support forum Image dimensions advice

Image dimensions advice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

urostperisic
    Participant

Dear XTEMOS team,

If possible, please, your advice is needed. I am getting low scores on serve scaled images. I am having hard time understanding the process and how to optimize (already using smush) and serve them in adequate dimensions.

My product photos are all 416x416px.

Can you please, advice me how or what should be the ideal dimensions for my current scenario?

Hello,

I have checked your website on GTmetrix and the serve scaled images means that you are using the images that are uploaded in bigger size and their use in the website is less than the actual size in which they were uploaded.

As you mentioned that you are using product images of 416×416 px.

I have logged into your website and saw that you are using a thumbnail width of 300px and the crop is set to 1:1.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://ibb.co/Brzd83C

Which clarifies that your actual image size is 416×416 px and you are using images width of 300×300 from settings as mentioned above. That’s why you are scoring low on serve scaled images.

Best Regards.

urostperisic
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.

Can you, please, advice me how should i restructure the dimensions for my scenario?

urostperisic
    Participant

Which clarifies that your actual image size is 416×416 px and you are using images width of 300×300 from settings as mentioned above. That’s why you are scoring low on serve scaled images.

Please, can you advice me for specific dimensions i should use for my scenario in order to serve the best images?

Hello,

You are Welcome.

In your case you can try increasing the width of the product thumbnails from Appearance >> Customize >> WooCommerce >> Product Images to the actual size that you uploaded the product images.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://ibb.co/Brzd83C

Or you can upload the images in actual size 300x300px.

Best Regards.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)