Home Forums WoodMart support forum Image for categories in the categories page

Image for categories in the categories page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

BigDawgSmoker
    Participant

So all of a sudden, when you select a category on my site, once it takes you to the category page it shows the images for the categories that I have on the homepage. Please see the attached files. I am not sure as to why this changed all of a sudden. I would prefer it not to be like that because it is very confusing to the consumer. How would I go about fixing this? It won’t let me use WPpagebuilder for the category pages.

Thank you,

BigDawgSmoker
    Participant

I see the file upload didn’t go through. I don’t have any other size files to upload. Please just go to my site so you can see what it is that I am talking about.

Thank you,

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, update the theme to the latest version firstly.

Regards

BigDawgSmoker
    Participant

Will this affect any of the content on my site? I have heard that updating themes sometimes can result in erasing all of your content on the site.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

No, it will not affect any content from your site.

BigDawgSmoker
    Participant

I’m sorry, I am having a tough time locating the area to upgrade the Theme. Do you have a screenshot to show me where?

Thanks,

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

To update the theme you need download the latest version on ThemeForest -> Downloads. Then just reupload new theme via Appearance -> Themes but install this plugin firstly https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/
    Also, we suggest you make a backup of all your files before any update.

BigDawgSmoker
    Participant

And just to be 100% sure we are not doing anything to the child theme correct?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You don’t need to update the child theme at all so don’t worry about that.

BigDawgSmoker
    Participant

So I downloaded the theme on theme forest and attempted to upload it to complete the theme update and I got a notice saying it was unsuccessful. Please see the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

BigDawgSmoker
    Participant

It appears to have worked. Thank you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Image for categories in the categories page’ is closed to new replies.