Home Forums WoodMart support forum Image zoom and thumbnails not working after theme update

Image zoom and thumbnails not working after theme update

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

wildguitars
    Participant

Hello wonderful Xtemos support team,
    Continuing another thread that I opened (and has since been closed/locked), after updating the theme from version 4.6.0 to 6.0.4, the image zoom and thumbnails on the product page have stopped working.

Live site (4.6.0): https://www.wildguitars.co.il
    Staging site (6.0.4): https://dev2.wildguitars.co.il

In the previous thread you wrote to me:
    You have customized our product loop structure in the child theme functions.php that is no longer valid. You need to revise all the custom code you have added to the child theme.

My web developer wrote the following to me, to pass on to you:
    As per your recommendations to check custom codes in child functions as they might be causing the issues with product zoom on product page, thumbnails not showing, we stripped off ALL code from child functions and yet the issues remain.

Please recheck (feel free to do the same and see for yourself) – there is a file manager plugin you can use, otherwise I can send you FTP details.

————

Another issue noticed, is GRID/LIST display in product category that is not working (only list view is showing).

————

Also login/register (off canvas) in home page is redirecting to “my account” page instead of opening login slide and in other pages it does open the login slide – but from the left instead of right (rtl issue).

I’d appreciate your assistance with these issues.

Thanks,
    Tom

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, switch to the parent theme on your staging website so we can see how it works without child theme. And provide us with your admin access as well.

Kind Regards

wildguitars
    Participant

Hi Artem, I apologize for the delay in my reply. We were experiencing some issues with our staging website after an unsuccessful attempt to mirror our live website.

So, my web developer was able to solve the issues with the zoom and thumbnails on the product page. All that is left is a few issues on the category page:

As you can see, there are two issues:
    1. The grid/list display button is corrupted and too close to the sorting button

2. After selecting a filter in the sidebar, the X button used to clear all filters and the X button used to clear the chosen filter are misaligned.

I have included your admin login details in the private content. Since this is a staging website you can feel free to switch to the parent them or do anything else you think is necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Tom

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It seems to be caused by some customization in the child theme as well. Could you please check how it works with the parent theme?

wildguitars
    Participant

Hi Artem, thank you for looking into this.
    The issue was in fact resolved when switching to the parent theme, and my web developer was able to solve it.

But, we have discovered a few more issues that my web developer is claiming that have been caused by a change in classes, and not by the child/parent theme. I have uploaded a video that compares the staging website (dev2.wildguitars.co.il) and the live website (www.wildguitars.co.il).
    https://we.tl/t-fLXEn0Vcfw

1. On the staging website, after opening the main menu on mobile, it is not possible to close it. The background behind the menu doesn’t become dark, and you can’t close the menu by clicking on the dark background.

2. On the staging website, after opening the filters menu on a category page on mobile, when closing the menu it accidentally clicks on the phone icon behind the menu.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, disable the child theme and check both issues.

Kind Regards

wildguitars
    Participant

Hi Artem, we disabled the child theme and both issues were resolved.
    Unfortunately I am no longer in touch with the company that built our website using the Woodmart theme because they weren’t very professional, and I really don’t know what kind of customizations they did that are causing these issues with the child theme.Is there any chance that you can help me out with this?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry, but fixing problems caused by any changes made in the child theme is out of our theme support scope. We have a detailed explanation about all the changes made in our 6.0 update so you need to revise your code and make it compatible with the latest version of the theme. https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/woodmart-update-6-0-explained/

Kind Regads

wildguitars
    Participant

Hi Artem, thanks again for your prompt reply; it’s totally understandable that you are not able to help out with this. I will have our web developer take a closer look at the link you provided.

Best regards,
    Tom

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for understanding. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards

wildguitars
    Participant

Thanks so much, Artem.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Image zoom and thumbnails not working after theme update’ is closed to new replies.