Home Forums Space themes support forum Importing… does not import?

Importing… does not import?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ivoecpereira
    Participant

I am looking to have the website with the products I have already inserted, but all the rest dummy content (in worst case scenario I can try to “download” the products I have inserted, and somehow manually insert them later).

However trying to import dummy content it seems.. it does not do anything?

It does not seem to create pages, neither home page at all. Pages like “contact us” are totally broken (link in private).

I have even tried disabling almost all but your plugins before importing, but still same result.

Any idea on what is going on here and how it can it be fixed?

ivoecpereira
    Participant

And for the record, you have permission to enable/disable the plugins, change the themes if needed.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for contacting our support center.

It may conflict with your existing data. Could you please reset your website completely to get a fresh WordPress installation without plugin and data? We will import the dummy content for you.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

ivoecpereira
    Participant

Since my client would like to use your theme with his existing products, what approach do you suggest?

I am a developer myself, and don’t mind seeing directly in the code what exactly is “imported” and how it may conflict with the existing content. But from what I’ve read, I’ve understood it might override some of the existing content, but it wasn’t even imported and gave a success message.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

In this case, let us import the dummy content first, and then you will import all the existing products.
    It may conflict by ID. For example, if you have a product with ID 100, and the home page has the same ID, it will not be imported.

Kind Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)