Home Forums WoodMart support forum Improve Woodmart Performance

Improve Woodmart Performance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

MoeMauphie
    Participant

Hi there,

First off, I’d like to thank you again for this brilliant theme, I’m so much in love with it that I can’t think of other themes at all. I have some questions regarding the theme performance, though. I really appreciate it if you could help me with them.

My main problem is the way the theme loads; For example, When you go to the homepage and quickly scroll down, you see a blank page and the theme feels sluggish a bit which is frustrating for a nice theme like Woodmart. It seems there is a delay in the middle of the loading. I checked my website on GTMetrix and noticed there are some serious problems.

I have to mention that I have deliberately disabled GZIP and my cache plugin to evaluate the real performance of the theme, so I’m well aware of the fact that I can get a higher score after enabling them.

As you can see in the report, one of the main culprits seems to be this one: “Defer parsing of JavaScript”, so I just wonder how we can put all the JS files in the footer to avoid a blank page? (of course without using a third party plugin)

Also I noticed Visual Composer runs many queries on every page load, can it also contribute to the slowness?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for choosing our theme.

On page load lag may be possible because when the page is fully loaded all the JS script is initialized. It happens on almost all themes on ThemeForest. It mainly depends on how much scripts theme uses and how much dynamic elements like sliders, carousels, hover effects do you use on your page. So a part of the problem comes from additional plugins like Slider Revolution and Visual Composer. And some part from the theme of course. But there is no fix for this. It is how a browser renders the page and if you remove all the sliders, effects and other you will get a clean theme like WordPress default theme. Anyway, you can test it simply creating an empty page and adding elements one by one.
    As for deferred JS files so it doesn’t depend on the theme too. JS files order set by WordPress core and you will need to use some additional plugin to make this deferred loading.

Kind Regards

MoeMauphie
    Participant

Many thanks for your reply,

I’m specifically concerned about the deferred JS files, how can I fix that? Woocommerce default theme doesn’t have such a problem so we can come to the conclusion that it comes from the Woodmart theme. And as far as I know we can make some JS files load once the page load is complete. Wouldn’t you think that the wood mart theme should be optimized in that regard? I have not added anything to my shop and have not tampered with the settings to sort this problem out first. The lag and the blank page is quite annoying, I should say.

My question is why this theme (with default settings) gets a very low score on GTMetrix? And how can I fix that? Is there instructions on how to achieve that?

I really appreciate your help.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you are running a performance test on GTmetrix, you can see all the issues with the report https://gyazo.com/a2d4ec2a315ca23324ac0eb833ac02ef
    As you can see, deferred JS error says about a lot of JS files but they are not related to our theme. There, all files from WP core and installed plugins. We suggest you to use Better WordPress minify plugin and combine all scripts to one or a few files.
    Other notices are related to your images sizes and about the Gzip compression on your server. So you just need to go through all the requirements and apply them to your website. There are no problems with our theme and you can test our demo for example. It has a much higher score because of server optimization, cache, and optimized images.

Regards

MoeMauphie
    Participant

Thanks for your reply,

Is W3 total cache plugin compatible with your theme? Can I use it for JS files?

Thanks,

MoeMauphie
    Participant

There is also an option in theme settings,

Combine JS files
    Combine all third party libraries and theme functions into one JS file (theme.min.js)

Does it combine all the JS files?

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, our theme is compatible with W3 Total Cache plugin.
    Our combine JS option works for our theme JS files only.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)